Alternator pulley

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Is there an alternator pulley that is slightly bigger than the stock?
I have an aluminium crank pulley which has degrees on it and using the standard fan belt has quite a bit of play in it.

Why not get a smaller fan belt rather than a different alt pulley ?
Why is it loose is your crank pulley smaller than stock?
I’ve found the toothed belts seem to be longer than the V belts of the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had exactly the same problem, the standard new belt was too loose on my aluminium pully (with the degree marks on), I had no shims in. I then bought a standard pully and it's absolutely fine. Initially 8 shims and now down to 6 after a bit of stretch.

I think the problem is finding a belt that's slightly smaller. I bought a couple and they weren't right, either too tight, or about the same.

Going to have to mark the pulley some how when I do the timing, or maybe just do a static timing?

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

fallingoffalot said:
I had exactly the same problem, the standard new belt was too loose on my aluminium pully (with the degree marks on), I had no shims in. I then bought a standard pully and it's absolutely fine. Initially 8 shims and now down to 6 after a bit of stretch.

I think the problem is finding a belt that's slightly smaller. I bought a couple and they weren't right, either too tight, or about the same.

Going to have to mark the pulley some how when I do the timing, or maybe just do a static timing?

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Tippex is as good as anything but it’s non permanent :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,even permanent marker isn’t really :mrgreen:

Latest posts