Altitude Corrector Plumbing - How To...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I thought these might be of interest to those of you who want to know how an altitude corrector is plumbed in.
There are two types, one is a single piece corrector unit and the other, in the case of my van is a two piece corrector unit, with the adjustment screw in a unit that sits off to the left of the engine bay (in my case).

The images below are of the two piece unit and it's routing in my van.

Overall shot of engine (with altitude corrector sitting on flange bracket that is sandwiched between the carb and inlet manifold).
IMG_0101.jpg

Routing of fuel from carb to corrector (the red arrow showing fuel from the carb to the corrector and then the green arrow showing fuel to the adjuster unit)
fuelflow1.jpg

Routing form corrector to adjuster (mine has two piece positioner) (the green arrows show fuel flow from the corrector to the adjuster unit, mounted on the left of the engine bay)
fuelflow2.jpg

Routing to adjustment (this is a close up of the routing to the adjuster, green arrow showing fuel in and blue showing fuel out back to tank)
fuelflow3.jpg

Routing from adjustment back to tank (this is taken from looking left into the engine bay and clearly shows the exit route of the fuel line from adjuster unit, with fuel flow direction shown with a blue arrow)
fuelflow4.jpg

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

James

Latest posts