Any reviews of absolute vw

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe69

Reaction score
Looking at having a lot of work done at absolute vw in castle donnington.
They seem to really know they’re stuff and I can’t find anything negative about them online but just thought I would post on here and see if anyone else had used them?

We picked our van up from absolute vw on Friday after it had been with them for a few months. We have had a lot of work done, predominantly mechanical including reconditioned gearbox, disc brakes on the front and lite steer fitted as well as lots of other stuff.
They have been fantastic to deal with, plenty of advice along the way with all options explained to resolve each issue.
It’s fair to say we have spent a lot of money with them but I know from bad past experience that doesn’t always mean you get good service.
It’s early days as we have only had the van back for a short while but so far I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.
I wanted to add this post to the thread as when we were looking for someone to do a lot of work it was difficult finding independent recommendations.

They do top notch work we always used to take our Split there and if I had an air cooler still I would take it there.

We paid them a lot of money to clean up and epoxy prime the chassis / wheel arches of our westy & then Dinitrol seal over the top.

Six months later rust came through, Simon didn't want to know us when we asked him to rectify the issues despite assuring us he would warrant the work done.

Its only this past six months we have stripped all of the Dinitrol off to find out no epoxy primer was applied at all, the chassis and wheel arches looked a right mess of rust spots.

I have learned to it all myself and would not recommend them to anyone.

Seems to be a common factor that Simon goes to ground when a fault is found. To be fair he has had our bus back on numerous occasions after work was done at his garage but the repeat return each time it went in to be "fixed" got too much and the last time Simon just outright ignored us. Pity, we did like the place.

Latest posts