Anyone got a trip/speedo ive got some questions.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
The mileometer has six numbers but the last one is not red like the normal speedo mileometer.
My question is

If reads 115123, is that 11512.3 like on the normal speedo. I would be able to tell once its fitted but i want to get it clocked back to show my real mile reading (or forward if thats the case) and if someones got one fitted who can tell me how it works that would be a great help.

Cheers.

Mine is in kms, and i think they would both be the same mechanism so the last digit in the top row is a full unit, the 1/10th unit is the last digit of the trip (lower) numbers

Top row 250334 (Kms)
Lower 235.8
I think the logic is you don't need the 1/10 on both odometers.

So every time you zero the trip do you lose the part miles or bose it not go all the way back.

Mines showing .4 on the trip and the 6th No on the mileometer is about half way round is this correct? cheers mate.

yep, every time you zero it you lose that .? of a mile/km. But that is not omportant as the top row of numbers is your overall distance, while the trip starts at zero with the first turn of the wheel. Clear as mud now?

And one other tip is, always be stationary when you zero the trip, otherwise you risk upsetting the gizmo inside and then you end up with no odometer at all.

Latest posts