Anyone had a rewire from Iain Auto Electrician and can answer a query?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
We had a rewire done some time last year and have been trying to get hold of Iain to give us a fuse diagram. He does great work when he's there but is akin to the scarlet pimpernel afterwards!

Can anyone help identify any fuses and / or bits pointed to by my lovely hand model.

The first one sits above the fuse box and we're a bit clueless as to what it is? Some kind of relay? It's VW branded.

The second one is GM branded and seems to be some kind of flasher relay. When we pull out mystery fuse number 4 it squeals!

The other pic is a rough layout of what we have identified so far through trial and error. We have a leisure system installed too if that helps.

Fanny is a 1968 so has all those odd one year only quirks.

Cheers 🤙[emoji6]
5699adf199734273839c0aa16c2262c1.jpg
6daaf7ed6ebbbf9457c109b906991755.jpg
0ad4c625c753b1a74de1e6b5d4072668.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The metal one looks like headlight dimmer relay.
Unfortunately do to having new fuseboards you will only be able to find out by taking out the fuses or tracing the wires and I'm guessing you have already tried doing that

lisavx said:
We had a rewire done some time last year and have been trying to get hold of Iain to give us a fuse diagram. He does great work when he's there but is akin to the scarlet pimpernel afterwards!

Can anyone help identify any fuses and / or bits pointed to by my lovely hand model.

The first one sits above the fuse box and we're a bit clueless as to what it is? Some kind of relay? It's VW branded.

The second one is GM branded and seems to be some kind of flasher relay. When we pull out mystery fuse number 4 it squeals!

The other pic is a rough layout of what we have identified so far through trial and error. We have a leisure system installed too if that helps.

Fanny is a 1968 so has all those odd one year only quirks.

Cheers 🤙[emoji6]
5699adf199734273839c0aa16c2262c1.jpg
6daaf7ed6ebbbf9457c109b906991755.jpg
0ad4c625c753b1a74de1e6b5d4072668.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Had my Bay rewired by Iain and now like yours
I've got the bladed fuses. It made a big difference - remember asking if Iain had swapped my bulbs out as they were so bright, but actually he hadn't - it was just the original loom had resistance issues & the lights had always appeared dim.

Don't have my bus nearby, but from what I remember I *think* the new loom uses close to the same wire colours as the original loom did - obviously with the exception of any after market devices you've had fitted. Also, each component is now on its own fuse, unlike the original fuse board where 1 fuse had multiple devices attached or where a previous owner may have piggybacked a live from another component.
As was said in the previous post, I think the small black relay was a modern replacement for the original flasher/indicators relay.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Oops!
Just noticed I said Paul_q had mentioned the black relay when actually he mentioned the metal one (with yellow/white wires). Like he said, metal one is headlights & I think small black plastic is indicators.

Latest posts