Anyone know how to change a bulb on an audi a6 c6?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radish

Reaction score
Some that have read my thread know I am capable of a bit tinkering, but I have spent
20 mins trying to get a side light out of the audi!!
I can't do it, do I need small monkey hands or take it to halfords and let them struggle with it? Any help please as the audi seems to forget it tells me every bloody time I start the car!

Cheers darius

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-1905.html?s=626eae364b82966bc872f9fa60536532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

had a similar problem on the A4 - this thread might help?

good luck
Rob

Depends what year it is - I had a 2011 a4 and the whole unit was sealed - dealer had to cut the unit open, replace the bulb and then plastic weld it back together!!

Hope yours isn't the same as mine was and it's a simple fix.

Johnny69 said:
Depends what year it is - I had a 2011 a4 and the whole unit was sealed - dealer had to cut the unit open, replace the bulb and then plastic weld it back together!!

Hope yours isn't the same as mine was and it's a simple fix.

No its not, i can get the back off, but with out being double jointed or maybe having the hands the size of a child its not happening. I also didn't want to get wound up trying to explain to my son which bulb needed pulling out yesterday on top of it starting to rain.

I think i am going to remove the headlight probably quicker. Its not good that they can't be easily fixed at the side of the road.

Cheers Darius

We don't know!!!!!!!!(I am working at a Halfords Autocentre as MOT tester), some modern cars are ba**ards with small access holes that don't line up or you have to remove headlamp after removing bumper ect.Still could be worse like a BMW H I D headlamp , when they go its a new lamp from BM for many hundreds of ££££s

67panel said:
We don't know!!!!!!!!(I am working at a Halfords Autocentre as MOT tester), some modern cars are ba**ards with small access holes that don't line up or you have to remove headlamp after removing bumper ect.Still could be worse like a BMW H I D headlamp , when they go its a new lamp from BM for many hundreds of ££££s

I called Audi and they said i had to book it in!! bloody ridiculous isn't it.

it will be a bumper off job to get the headlight out there was a shit period where all vag was like it 2005-2009 ish. they were trying to force you to only use genuine dealers then realised it was just irritating to customers so knocked it on the head(i.e new polo you flick one tab and it ejects the headlight so you can get the bulb in/out then just click it back in place)

Latest posts