anyone running 175/60/15 tyres?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate,,, I`ve been having a few probs with that myself and I`ve been shopping around the local tyre dealers and most of them are saying there`s none listed. In the end i went to protyres and they`re getting me some 165 85 15 to plonk on my BRMs for on the ass end. Just because they`re listed on the calculaters doesent mean you can actually get them,, heard this three or four times today. So at the moment I`m on Slammers on BRMs on the front to avoid the rubbing and bog standards on the rear because my 195 60 15 on the BRMs just want to eat the sides of my rear arches, Oooooohhh it gets complicated don`t it :? :lol: :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I am running 175/60/15 on the front and 185/65/15 on my lowered bus, wheels are MW BRM's and dont rub at all
Cant seem to post any pictures though

Here's mine in progress...

DSC01530.jpg

175/50 15 on front and 175/65 15 at back. Not far off what your asking for...

Jim

Guys

Be careful running 175's on the rear as the rolling radius is a bit small for a bus, 185/65/15 is where you really need to be (even they are smaller than the stock wheel) as otherwise the engine is having to work harder to cover the same distance/speed, running 175/60/15's they are 1.2 inch smaller in diameter and overall just 5.2% smaller than 185/65/15's, this will make a massive difference to your gearing. Your bus will be screaming its nuts off to get anywhere

Yeah, I hope the OP is talking in relation to front tyres. I know i'm pushing the limits with the size i've got at the back. They were cheap and available... I'll see how it goes on the M'way...

Jim

I have some nice 2 x 175 55 15s and 2 x 185 65 15s for sale.
I'm yet to stripe them so you can even pick what stripe you want on them 8)

Latest posts