Back-fire air-leak?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeeDubMan

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've got an air-leak on the left hand carb (twin 34ICT's). It was OK initially when installed but I was tuning and balancing things the other week and screwing in the mixture screw, there was absolutely no difference when I screwed the screw all the way in compared to being a few turns out. Normally the engine revs will drop when the screw goes in. This does happen OK as expected on the right hand carb though.

I've now got popping (...and flames coming out the exhaust!) if I blip the throttle too.

Any ideas? One thing that has happened in the past was that I had a stock fuel-pump which was over-fuelling the carbs (I've now got electric and a Filter King in place) and I did read somewhere about 'something wearing' if the carbs are over-fulled too much. Was wondering if this could have an effect?

67panel said:
Check linkage is adjusted so carbs are in sinc first
Yep, they are. Thinking that the fact the revs don't drop when I screw in the mixture screw all the way is the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I check for air leaks with easy start . Spray it on where you think it's sucking air from when it's ticking over if there's revs climb thats your leak . I found a split rubber one the inlet manifold with it .works a treat

Latest posts