Back to Stock

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoo

Reaction score
I'm planning to whip out the rebuilt twin port 1776 with twin carbs and unknown alternator and try and get it back to stock as much as possible. I'm down a rabbit hole trying to source an air filter, manfold, stock fan housing...

I'm looking at the idea of putting in a B code 1600 single port engine with a 30 PICT 3 to keep it close to its original US spec 1970 model.

Can anyone tell me if a stock Solex 30/3 will fit with the alternator? Or am I going to have to try and source a new dynamo too?

I have fan housing and airfilter
Maybe the manifold
For alternater you use a spacer plate under carb to lift
Gary Coolcampers 07979 726763

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

magoo said:
I'm planning to whip out the rebuilt twin port 1776 with twin carbs and unknown alternator and try and get it back to stock as much as possible. I'm down a rabbit hole trying to source an air filter, manfold, stock fan housing...

I'm looking at the idea of putting in a B code 1600 single port engine with a 30 PICT 3 to keep it close to its original US spec 1970 model.

Can anyone tell me if a stock Solex 30/3 will fit with the alternator? Or am I going to have to try and source a new dynamo too?
I have a PICT 3 Solex from a 1971 Bus for sale or swap, it came from my bus, I don’t know what condition it is in but it looks clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magoo said:

Definitely go for a single vac advance dizzy with that carb ... just put a 113905205T on my 1641 single port, wow what a difference. [emoji106]

I have an alternator fitted and run a Solex H30/31 which is very similar to the Solex 30 Pict-3

8da8065ba5a33cd9af3aa4eecb487bdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some reading, I'm going to go for a different set up. I had to source an air cleaner, but trying to find a fully working one with all the obsolete rare parts involved to make it work was difficult.

I was lucky enough to find a NOS wax pellet thermostat and a later 1971 211129607C NOS air cleaner, so I'll stick with twin port and 'later' set up.

Deciding now between a 34 pict 3 machined to 37mm with a 1776, or spend £1000 less on a AD 1600 with a standard 34 pict 3. The ignition is a 123 RV with vacuum advance.

I'll need to source an original dog house cooler shroud, the flaps and the pre heat elbow tin. Are those current Brazilian oil coolers up to much?

Latest posts