Battery recommendation?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger ! ….. will have to see how we get on. Won’t be using it in winter. If I struggle I’ll possibly get it replaced.
Thanks for the info 🌈👍
Don't worry about the cranking amps, 077 has more than enough for a stock engine. The compressions are so low compared to a modern engine, the starter draws less than 100A.

Don't worry about the cranking amps, 077 has more than enough for a stock engine. The compressions are so low compared to a modern engine, the starter draws less than 100A.
I have a Mopar battery which I think is past its best, it is a 72A 670a 12v. Is that too big for a '69 running an altenator?

I have a Mopar battery which I think is past its best, it is a 72A 670a 12v. Is that too big for a '69 running an altenator?
No, the 72Ah rating just means you can leave your lights on longer without flattening the battery than a smaller 45Ah one. The 670A CCA (cold cranking amps) is just how many amps you can safely draw out of the battery for a short period starting the engine, without damaging the battery.

Latest posts