Beaches you can drive your van onto????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allden83

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone know of any beaches in the uk that you can drive your van onto? Wanna take my van away for the day and wanted to head to the coast. didnt want to park him miles away as it defeats the object! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Allden83 said:
Hi guys anyone know of any beaches in the uk that you can drive your van onto? Wanna take my van away for the day and wanted to head to the coast. didnt want to park him miles away as it defeats the object! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Black rock sands bit of a hike for you but well worth it miles and miles of beach

http://www.walesdirectory.co.uk/tourist-attractions/Beaches/Wales8707.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris

nefyn beach. north coast of wales. I was there last week (not in the van :( ). Parking nearby is limited. but you can drive right onto long beach. make sure your clutch is in good order though as the aproach is steeeep!

Weston Super Mare, drive on if you like and play out of the bus :mrgreen: It`s all good on the beach front :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Not tooooooo far from Brum ;) :mrgreen: ;)

sannabay said:
nefyn beach. north coast of wales. I was there last week (not in the van :( ). Parking nearby is limited. but you can drive right onto long beach. make sure your clutch is in good order though as the aproach is steeeep!

Oh yes of course! check your brakes :shock: :mrgreen:

one of the many advantages of runnin stock,

would love to get on the beach but think might need a tractor to get off :roll: :p

hope you and the bus get to play out on the beach.

crede999 said:
Allden83 said:

Cheers

Black rock sands bit of a hike for you but well worth it miles and miles of beach

http://www.walesdirectory.co.uk/tourist-attractions/Beaches/Wales8707.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris

such an amazing place, I've been for a few years now, there is a campsite right next to it £6-14 a night depending on what you want, gas electric hook up etc. I've also stayed at the caravan site a bit further alone on "Sun Holidays" :msn4: £80 for 4 nights, the beach out of one window and mountain out the other, late night beach walks, I've been when it pissed down all week and i had to re peg the tent every day and I've been when there was a heat wave for a week (2005 I think) and it was hotter then Hawaii :D but don't go in the "ship" pub they didn't seam to like the English :lol:

black rock sands
021_2.jpg

057_1.jpg

058_1-1.jpg

064.jpg

27-09-2008140526_1.jpg

Pendine Sands on the shores of Carmarthen Bay, West Wales.

The beach stretches for 7 miles and was where the first world land speed record took place in 1924 by Malcolm Campbell (bit of general knowledge for you). You can access the beach 7 days a week, but between Monday to Friday, part of it is closed off because of MOD operations. :)

Thanks Boys the bank holiday weekend has been a weather let down! but im gonna definatly check out all these spots!

Cheers again

You can get on Southport Beech, but it's really just a car park unless you stay till the end of the day. Watch out for the tide coming in though :shock:
SAM_1112.jpg

Chris73 said:
You can get on Southport Beech, but it's really just a car park unless you stay till the end of the day. Watch out for the tide coming in though :shock:
SAM_1112.jpg

Took the words out of my mouth, Southport and there also Ainsdale where you used to be able to but not been there for ages so not sure anymore.

Pendine is really good. Sand is hard so no bogging in issues, i think its a quid but may have gone up since i was last there. Really clean but does get loads of jelly fish on the strand line in summer. Let my kids drive the car on Pendine sat on my knee (once everyone else has gone that is) :shock:

Latest posts