Bench tuning???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutty999

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals!

I've just completed a top end rebuild and tin ware strip and paint of my 1800 type 4 engine which is going back into my 72 Xover.
As part of this I've added 40idf's and plan on getting them balanced and the van tuned.
I had planned on a rolling road but my friend has just suggested doing it with the engine out and using someone who will bench test it.
My questions are:
1. Is this a good idea?
2. Has anybody any experience of this?
3. Any recommendations of who and where?

I'm up in Cumbria so north west is ideal?

Thanks
All

Three years in my workshop and still feel I'm getting nowhere fast!

Never done it on a bench so couldnt say however for final tweets you normally take it for a blast.
As for any body near I'm not shaw either however there is bog brothers at malton North Yorkshire who are brill they no what there doing and don't rob you. I'm in Doncaster and everybody round here uses them.
If you can get it something like have a run over there's plenty to do in malton and your not a million miles away.

by benchtesting do you mean taking it to someone with a dynamometer?

Thanks montypsx I'll have a chat with them and hopefully do so.

Yes weeboll I was hoping to dyno it, balance carbs and tune all at same time. I think however having spoken to a few companies I need to grow a pair, slip the engine back in my bus and get her running, then get her tuned/balanced.
Thanks

Latest posts