Best stainless exhaust for a standard twin port setup

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookie

Reaction score
Right, I'm tired of standard steel exhausts that last not 5 minutes before they rust through. Can anyone recommend a good Stainless exhaust. I'm running a standard 1600cc twin port with a single carb so any recommendations please?

The last exhaust I fitted was a b*tch to fit and didn't line up with the heat exchangers well at all and required much swearing and fettling to fit even half decently. I'm replacing the heat exchangers too as they are toast so what's the easiest to fit with standard heat exchangers? I've heard a lot about vintage speed but would it work with my stock setup?

Vintage Speed all the way - fits great and sounds fantastic.
Runs great on my 1600 TP

Best deals are through Dan who imports them

I've been running a Vintage Speed for about four ish years. Does what it says on the tin. I think exhausts are prone to rusting out if the vehicle isn't used on a daily basis, so a stainless one is the only way to go. The Vintage Speed one does exactly what it says above. Looks good, sounds good, does not compromise performance and may even add a little, and don't rust out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, winner winner, chicken dinner :mrgreen:

I really like my stainless steel from justkampers http://www.justkampers.com/catalog/product/view/sku/J12289 which I have had on for the past couple of years

it sounds good and looks good and has a lifetime warranty and doesn't cost too much

it also has a 4into1 merged header which should balance flow from all four exhaust outlets by being all the same length. something I don't believe the vintage speed offers

get it on a good day when JK are offering a decent discount!

Latest posts