• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Betsy 1971 T2 Early Bay Devon Moonraker Pop Top-for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betsy

Reaction score

I’m reluctantly selling Betsy - a fine example of a 1971 T2 RHD Early Bay in pale blue and cream, with many original interior components: a double ring cooker, sink with water pump, high level bed, captain’s chair, removable table, bunks, and an abundance of documentation. I bought Betsy in 2010, following her respray from orange, and have since enjoyed her for 6000 miles and she is Tax exempt. She has the original Moonraker covers underneath the current blue cushion covers, and a full sized spare wheel onboard. Betsy has been kept under cover during the Winter period.

I have had lots of fun driving her, but sadly I haven’t taken her on as many outings recently since the kids are now at university. I’ve only done 300 miles this year, so now it’s time for someone else to have fun with her, and give her the love and attention I can’t give her anymore (and I also need the space on the drive).

In the last few years I have replaced the brake discs, pads, rear hoses and front calipers. I have also replaced front and rear seatbelts, oil temperature gauge, front chassis beam, spark plugs, fuel pump, wiper blades, driver door mechanism, alternator conversion kit fitted, pushrod tubes and seals, head bolts, various engine gaskets, ignition leads, headlamps, 4 CV joints and reset the valve clearances. I’ve also had the auxiliary wiring tidied. I have receipts for all of the work that has been carried out, along with paperwork dating back to 1982. She is MOT’d until April 2017 with a few minors.
Included in the sale is a roof rack (as pictured), a fitted cover, levelling blocks and anti-slip grip mats.

I met some great people at VW Field of Dreams on Sunday and they recommended I advertised here.

The downside: exterior paintwork needs a bit of TLC as rust is creeping into the wheel arches.

Viewings available evenings and weekends. More photos available upon request. Location Harrogate. Price £15,000.00

Latest posts