Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gas1man said:
Love to take credit for the gauge mount , however the po made this and I changed his gauges (electronic) for the Sunpro
ones now in place and mine work. :lol: Gauges supplied by Early VW off EB.

I'm liking the gauges - very subtle for Sunpro :D What range/style are they. I have some VDO cockpit range gauges I was going to use on my bus, but may opt for Sunpro instead now...

Did not get to fetch him today but tomorrow is D-day so more than just fingers crossed.

As regards the gauges they are on EARLY VW thread as he supplies them. They worked out to about £50
for both and it included all fittings with each of them having an under dash mount.
There was no style stated and they also come with a white background. Give earlyvw a shout and I am sure he will oblige.

Nice guy to deal with and good service.

J & P
:D :D :D

Well made it! There and back and no problems with Boris as far as the engine etc. is concerned.
Blown fuse for the split charger and a few leaks here and there, but all very minor.

Maiden voyage for us and the van. Left home and drove down to Old Barn Farm outside Weymouth.
A stopover in crossways on the way, to clear up a few points with the internal installer.

Trebor you will be pleased to know that apart from the pictures (Samsung phone) there is proof of the trip. :lol: :lol:
We were very fortunate enough to meet a fellow early bayer namely "Weebol" He and his lovely family paid us a visit.
Unfortunately when we went to look for them the next day they had already gone out. Next time maybe.

Some pre trip preparations......

Arrived safely

And finally

A great four days was had . On the last day we left quite early and travelled to Bournemouth/Poole to see the Red Arrows
as Pippa is very keen on the red devils. Well we were not disappointed and we had a split screen rat job parked next to us on Poole beach front. Andy and partner are from Kent and a lovely couple. Nice splitty.
They left around five thirty and we then proceeded to have Kassler ,salad and a shandy before moseying on home arriving
a respectable hour and three quarters later. Good times and more to come soon we hope.

J & P

Unfortunately the explanations for the photo's have not come out. Must be on botophucket.

Well, food drink and tools packed. Boris set off to see what it's like on the M5.
Yes , early morning start and Pippa my daughter and I set off for BUSFEST our 3rd and Boris' first.
Attached are a couple of photo's just to prove we made it there and back.
Not a burp ,fart or hiccup, 3 Hours at +- 55 mph there and back.
Great day had and now in possession of engine lid lock. YAY (feel better about leaving him alone now).

Only a few pic's taken. First pic is of the minion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

J & P

Had a great time at Busfest and met some great people.
Nice to put faces to names.
Met and chatted to Graham from Midland and although he was chatting Stu and Clair with the customary beer in
hand, they were talking to some others they met at Spa.
Embarrassed to say I don't remember all the others, and they probably thought , there goes another mad South African.

Any way nice to meet you all. Another thanks goes to Sarah for our curtains, they match all the way round the van on the same line. Not easy to do with the random pattern we have.

Have a good week everyone.

J & P

Hi mate.
Great shot of my van and minion. Thanks for that. Great to meet you and glad to see you made it home safe. I made if back ok but the back of my van was covered in oil spots :(. Not looking forward to finding out what's wrong with her.
See you soon.
John

Time to work on the bus again. Saturday spent installing Aspro's tacho and the trickle charger under the back seat/bed.
Tacho working... :D :D :D

Sunday spent installing the thermostat for the propex.

And that works now to, so ready for the cooler climes. A little close with the one screw whew. :roll:

Early finish and a blast around the block only to be told on my return , that bus is noisy.
Well that's all for now, this coming weekend we are transport for the university trip!!! Push bike on the roof and all.
Have a great week everyone.

J & P

Day off today, getting Boris emptied and packed to take my son to uni!!
Went down to my local garage and got the co set on the carb. Lucky I did was so lean!
I don't think I would have got there and back with out doing some damage.
Was 0.1% :shock: and should be between 3 and 4%. All good now will have to investigate these machines.
Spot of paint to lock the screw in place for now until engine comes out in the winter.

Looks like fairly good weekend ahead, have a good one everyone.
It's wine time now. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Technology ;) all I do is look at the spark plug colour, maybe I'm a dinosaur. Got to say that motor looks pretty clean, does it need stripping down ?

I ran the bus to Plymouth and back yesterday to drop my son off at uni.
No problems there or on the way back. I am hoping that there will not be a need for a complete strip down.
I know that the rear engine seal and the gearbox seals need doing, the proof is on the driveway. :lol: :lol:
I still don't know whether my van is running lean or rich by just listening to it.
Set the carb up according and then the trip to the garage revealed to lean, they fixed it because of the co meter.
More research needed.

J & P

This taken whilst driving to Plymouth. Yes I know it's 10 mile an hour out but the photo
is for the rev counter now installed and working like a charm. Cheers Aspro for that.
And thanks to Graham L for telling me the rev 's I am supposed to do.

Getting steel together for the seat bases, so we can install a more comfortable pair.

Can anyone tell me why this pin keeps moving outwards, has not fallen out (yet) and hope it never does.
Sounds stupid I know but I put my hand through the middle whilst running and it moved back in to place at the lightest
squeeze, is there something missing or is it normal. I will never do it again, to close for comfort. :shock:

Quite the weekend. Emotions running high for Pippa and my daughter (me to I guess) my son now out to do some serious partying for fresher's week. :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: Well that's it for now.
Have an excellent week everyone.

J & P

:lol: Freshers flue struck my son, to much partying. :lol:
I'm sure he will get better soon. Saturday evening we jumped in the van and took part in an invite to lead the
Wellington Carnival, very different experience. Met another EarlyBay member and his friend with a cool split.

Well all great fun and donations went to a good cause.
Sunday spent under rear of van. Have recorded engine sound reason being there is a slight tap/knock?

Saturday spent under the van doing the tappets. No significant change to the sound. :(
Maybe its just me but the tap tap noise is still there.

So besides that varnished the r&r bed boards and installed a lighter socket in engine bay with it's own croc clips
only connect when needed. (Portable shower- runs on 12v).

Well that was it for the weekend and the rain came down.
Any luck we may have a good weekend again this one.

J & P

Latest posts