Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being totally honest I have not polished it once since owning it. April 2014.
It gets washed off after a trip with Tesco wax and wash and that's it.
I guess I will have to do more soon. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments.

J & P
:D :D :D

Out and about this weekend just gone.
Took Boris down to Plymouth again to see the sprout at uni. Total drive time about 6 hours all in all.
Hard trip there into a headwind but a great trip back with a good tailwind.

Had to go see the quack today about the big C (no worries) and went in Boris.....what a bloody fight to keep him
on the road, wind howling and the high siders not giving a damn, evasive action on two occasions :shock: :shock: .
Need to get photo's of suspension as I have no idea about it and seems a bit if a black art. I am sure it can be improved
on and the right tyres fitted. Back into his garage. :)

Have a good week everyone.

J & P

Been doing some work in the garage in what space I have with Boris parked inside.
Followed this topic kindly put on here by Doris. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18970&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Such a brilliant idea, as long as you follow the measurements , mine worked a treat.

Some steel arrived for the seat bases and brackets for spot lights, so they had to be prepped rustproofed and then painted.

Now we have to wait to dry and then with any luck this weekend will allow some bus time.
Nearly weekend, and Friday is pay day yay. :)

J & P

So last week I went out to try start the Bus to be greeted with a dead battery.
Jump started and got up to temp then tried to flash lights ............Engine died.
So new battery sourced and installed, head butted the air cleaner in the process.
Boris draws blood again.

So nice sunshine day today, took the opportunity to install a new seat so we can get rid of the far to soft Volvo
seats installed by the po. Took some doing but I had the brackets prepared and after a load of jiggling managed to get Pip's seat in, and she is pleased with the outcome which is always good.(Volvo seats for anyone?)

Good day's work aching but pleased. Have a good week everyone.
I will get them covered later.

J & P

gas1man said:

Good to see you have your brackets at last ;)

Have you got any pictures of your middle-sliding window open? I am considering fitting them to my bus and would like to see them on a bus in the open position. :party0021:

gas1man said:
took the opportunity to install a new seat .

Looks nice and comfortable!

What are the new seats from? :poke:

Hey Craig, Hope this helps
Brackets for spots nearly there.

Seats are from a Saab convertible as far as I know.

Both window shots as requested. When I have the cash I will definitely put one in the other side in the sliding door.
Makes such a difference when driving and when we cook it helps having the breeze from behind some times.

J & P

Thanks, I did want to put opening quarter-light windows in the rear, but no-one makes them new and rather than paying crazy money for reasonable second-hand ones, I would rather put sliding windows in.

They are practical and I think they look good too :party0047:

Spent the morning putting the second seat in.
Then proceeded to attempt to fire up the window washer only to find the motor does not work.
Will get el cheapo from flea bay.
With any luck tomorrow is ok and may just get front brackets onto bumper.

J & P

Budleigh Salterton for lunch.

Sidmouth before going home for ice creams.

Got out over the weekend, came home and washed off Boris switched on lights to
get into garage and smoke from dashboard. Well that kaiboshed this weekends trip to Bristol for
the charity run and an expensive trip to my local motor factor and Halfrauds.

It's instant and now the whole loom needs redoing as you have no idea where the shorted sections are.
Was water in the headlight so I guess the seal at the bottom is better than the top. :lol: :lol: filled up and .......
Never ending, :lol: Have a good week everyone.

J & P

Trying to repair burnt out wiring. Took the plunge and cut the loom out. :shock:

The start of the new loom and little did I know......................

1 hour later and close to bleeding fingers blue air all around and the loom was complete. The wind on plastic coating
is fantastic but a bit sharp around the edges. Looks quite good , now the problem is the spade connectors.

Back to it. We will get there. :lol:

J & P

I do like a proper tidy job, your wiring will thank you for it :mrgreen: :party0021:

Today and yesterday in the garage. Managed to repair burnt out wiring and took
the opportunity to put on the grills. Also put the rear brackets on :D but the front ones don't fit :(
Will have to get them remade.

Have a good week folks.

J & P

So to everyone out there whoever you may be and you read this................
Have a fantastic Xmas and a wonderful New Year..............
May you all get what you wish for.

J & P & Boris

gas1man said:
So to everyone out there whoever you may be and you read this................
Have a fantastic Xmas and a wonderful New Year..............
May you all get what you wish for.

J & P & Boris

Merry Christmas to you too!! :D

Well that went quick. Xmas over. Managed some work in the garage with out to much flac. :lol:

Boris draws blood again when grinding the weld. :oops: :roll:

Rough paint to protect.

Distribution board from leisure battery finished.

Individual switches for appliances and houses fuse board as well.

Braving the elements tomorrow and driving to London in the bus to see the fireworks.
Happy New Year to everybody.

J & P

Well that was the first most adventurous long distance trip we have done in Boris.
From Langport in Somerset to Shenfield in /outside London. Bloody hell A303,M3 and the
infamous M25. Talk about eyes in the back of your head. Well Boris performed
faultlessly and we arrived at our friends place 5.5 hours later. The return trip was a bloody nightmare
the head wind was also a cross wind and we strayed all-over the roads. Besides freezing our asses off
as we ran low on gas, my fault. :lol: (typical gas engineer.) :lol: Was a great test of the van.
Pic's of the start of the fireworks and the return trip over the Dartford bridge. Yes I did remember to pay.

Well we made it that's the main thing and enjoyed it.
Hope everyone has a fantastic year ahead.
OH and to quote Ozziedog...... :D :D :D Bring on the summer.............. :D :D :D

J & P

Finally got round to fitting my spots. :D Look the business and happy with how they turned out.

Now comes the not so good part. :evil: Frustration levels so high. Can not get wiring to work.
Picture below is of wiring as is on bus. Switch is floor mounted type and I think this is where the problems come in. I am no sparky so am hoping that I will get rescued by some kind soul on here. Have been sent
copy from KMBA 4 on install. The thing is I have a 5 pin relay and this might have some thing to do with it.
Thanks Steve.

Well if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post , all help appreciated. :? :?

J & P

Latest posts