Both indicators flash on dash

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dci_Carter

Reaction score
Hi again,

After finally solving why one indicator was flashing double time (bad earth) I'm am still lift with the problem of if I indicate left or right both lights on the dash blink on/off at the same time? But the signals show left or right externally as they should, also the hazard lights both blink on dash and externally as they should. Is it possibly a faulty indicator stalk?

Cheers Barry

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes both dash lights should flash at the same time on early bays, thats they way they were wired at the factory. I seem to remember someone on this forum coming up with a way to get them to flash individually so worth a search if it bothers you. Personally if I get to the stage where I can't remember which way I'm turning I will pack up driving 😄

Wow you learn something new everyday if thats the VW folks meant it to be thats the way it will stay. Happy days now to move on to the next stage ...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

dubselector said:
Yes both dash lights should flash at the same time on early bays, thats they way they were wired at the factory. I seem to remember someone on this forum coming up with a way to get them to flash individually so worth a search if it bothers you. Personally if I get to the stage where I can't remember which way I'm turning I will pack up driving [emoji1]

I need both to flash to remind me I’ve left the indicator on [emoji23]

:lol: And I’m still driving down the road waving to all them lovely lovely peeps and saying hi as I go past!!! :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,who’s that old twat in that old van with his indicators on??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ozziedog said:
:lol: And I’m still driving down the road waving to all them lovely lovely peeps and saying hi as I go past!!! :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,who’s that old twat in that old van with his indicators on??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha so it wasn’t you this arvo driving a red sportscar with an indicator going for half a mile down a straight road... first thought was ‘ooh I didn’t know ozziedog had a classic Alfa too’ :mrgreen:

That made me chuckle but it could be expensive. It’s a nice sunny day and a nice red Alfa would fit the bill nicely for a little run to some sun somewhere. Yesterday and today are my days off and Mrs Ozziedog took-the Friday off so we could have a little run down to the coast and maybe stop overnight. She took the Friday off because the weather forecast for Friday was ‘’’Scortchio ‘’’ so off we went. We must have seen the sun for about an hour and a half all day and an hour of that was once we were back in Brizzal it rained every half an hour too throughout the day and the only highlights were getting ripped at the Fortes ice cream parlour paying almost a fiver each for Ferrero Rocher ice cream that was somewhere between yummedy yum yum yum and lovely lush lush :p :p :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,l I’m just off to eBay for a minute :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts