Bottom screen repair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironage

Reaction score
Hi

is it possible to replace the inner panel at the bottom of the screen from the inside or do you have to cut the bulge on the outside away to get to it? thanks

Graham

I've had a closer look at mine planning the same job and I think it will be pretty easy to do from the inside.

With the dash out you can see where its welded to the A-posts and the bottom of the screen.... the only bit I thought may be tricky is it looks spot welded to the airbox. I think they could be drilled out from the inside but failing that I could just cut the section off that's spot welded on and cut the new panel to suit and seam weld it...

heres a pic of my inner panel if it helps..

5340006958_7347bac934.jpg

thanks for posting a pic, yes that does help, time to take the dash out then. hopefully you will do this job first so i can copy you!!! :D lol

fair play, it would have been next on the agenda but i blew this months VW budget on some front arch cuts, crossovers so I couldn't let them go really so they're next.

Screen will have to wait for feb or march budget now :(

Unless you want to donate me a panel :lol:

Latest posts