bounce bounce

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggybus

Reaction score
i have a 69 westy.
its got an adjustable beam .
when driving its very bouncy . it has new shocks , wasn't fitted by me so don't know if correct length .
or do I need stiffer shocks.
cheers

I changed from standard shocks to KYB GR2's and it went from bouncy to just right IMO. I'm running with just a Foksy adjuster wound down as far as it will go, if that helps.

madman said:
I changed from standard shocks to KYB GR2's and it went from bouncy to just right IMO. I'm running with just a Foksy adjuster wound down as far as it will go, if that helps.
cheers .
what length kyb gr2 did you get pls

Shaggybus said:
what length kyb gr2 did you get pls

Honestly can't remember as I bought them some years ago. Originally they were on the rear of my fastback which was down one spline so I can only guess at them being the shorter ones at 385/245mm. Without jacking the bus up I couldn't tell you for definite I'm afraid.

To work out what shocks are best for you and your van you need to follow these steps:

Firstly the van must be its full weight, so interior, engine, everything inside!

Jack the van up remove the front shocks,

Put the van back on the floor and push the van back and forth to let the suspension settle.

Measure between the centre of the top and bottom shock mounting position.

This gives you a middle measurement you can then put in the centre (or as close as pos) to the centre of the travel of the shocks available.

We have a handy chart in our catalogues with all the shocks and the lengths in our Catalogue.

Do feel free to call 01273 444 000 and speak with George in the sales team he will be able to help you.

Hope this helps,

Alex VW Heritage said:
To work out what shocks are best for you and your van you need to follow these steps:

Firstly the van must be its full weight, so interior, engine, everything inside!

Jack the van up remove the front shocks,

Put the van back on the floor and push the van back and forth to let the suspension settle.

Measure between the centre of the top and bottom shock mounting position.

This gives you a middle measurement you can then put in the centre (or as close as pos) to the centre of the travel of the shocks available.

We have a handy chart in our catalogues with all the shocks and the lengths in our Catalogue.

Do feel free to call 01273 444 000 and speak with George in the sales team he will be able to help you.

Hope this helps,
cheers alex ill be doing that this weekend then ill be on the phone

Latest posts