Brake lights (aka at our wits end)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
We finally picked fanny up last night after having even more work done (welding the windscreen and heat exchangers) and were busy planning jaunts and adventures when low and behold I saw that now the brake lights aren't working [emoji31]

The fuses are fine, the wiring seems fine, the bulbs seem fine. There are two switches on the master cylinder so could one have knocked both lights out? Is it an easy fix? Should we take the opportunity to "upgrade" to a mechanical switch and blank the originals out? Could we be missing something obvious and easy to fix? 🤞

We just want to get out and use it but seem to be cursed with issues that completely prevent that all the time [emoji22]

Thanks Lisa 🤙

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Each switch on the cylinder controls a side of the lights, if one side works, the other switch or wiring may be faulty. If neither work, id be more inclined to guess there is some problem from the wiring from the front of the van to the cylinder, or where the wire splits to both switches.

Thanks all, managed to fix it. Traced it to the multiplug at the front. It's had some moisture getting to it and the contacts had furred up. Such a relief that it was nothing more complex. Was nearly the straw that broke the camel's back! [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Latest posts