Brake Master Cylinder October 69 Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny69

Reaction score
Hi guys.

So I’m looking for a replacement master cylinder for my T2. The bus was built October 1969 and has a master cylinder with two brake pipe connections and two separate electrical switch connections. I’m struggling to find the correct replacement part for this - has anyone replaced this who might point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Johnny

your bus is 1970 model year if it was built in Oct 1969. This is the same as mine. This is a pic of my master cylinder I had installed in 2014. It has just one switch but still works fine. The dash warning light won't work though with just one switch.

I think this link is the same one
https://www.justkampers.com/vw-t2-bay-window-parts/t2-bay-braking-system-parts/brake-master-cylinders-wheel-cylinders/211-611-021-t-brake-master-cylinder-vw-t2-1970-only-non-servo.html

If you want two switches you can probably pay a bit more for another M/C. :)

Yes and you only need two wires because the third is for the dash warning light.

There’s a lot of master cylinders available, you could enquire with the usual suppliers about what they have that would fit your bus. You might be able to get one that has two switches. When I bought mine I hadn’t realised that two switches were needed for the warning light, but since it’s in now and works fine for its main purpose, I am not inclined to change it.
HTH [emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts