Bristol Volksfest 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to get there for late morning possibly lunch time ish :mrgreen: I reckon I`ll bring the big bugger gazebo, and the washing machine drum, and some wood for the barby. Stellas are at this moment,,,,,,,,,,, chillin in da fridge, load up with burgers and sausages in the morning.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Have I missed anything important ???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm one of those poor Buggers who have to work :evil: so will be there between 8-9pm, just put the fridge on so should be nice & cold by then, not got me beer yet :shock: :shock: not bothering with food just Milk & alcohol :) & no Dogs :lol: only thing I'm worried about is missing that turning & looking a right Munter. :oops:

Ill bring some wood then if your bringing the fire pit Oz, leaving mid morning if you wanna swing by en-route.

Oh and next time you pass the Turnpike at least wave :roll:

Awesome weekend

null_zpsa544ace1.jpg

Great weekend, good to see you guys. Awesome weather! and you can see me in the background of that photo! (red t shirt) :lol:

easy said:
Great weekend, good to see you guys. Awesome weather! and you can see me in the background of that photo! (red t shirt) :lol:

I was taking a pic of you in fact, bloody buses in the way :roll:

creationblue said:
easy said:

I was taking a pic of you in fact, bloody buses in the way :roll:

i knew that :mrgreen: ;)

Another absolutely superb event!!!! Even the weather turned up trumps, which in itself is rather unusual as it normally turns the wrong way :roll: Loads of fantastic dubs all over the place, and I would not be at all surprised to hear that a record or two had been broken for attendance over the weekend, not just campers but day visitors as well.
One sour note,, and I think this is something that is starting to happen at most of the shows nowdays,, so be aware!!
There was a fair bit of thievery on the Saturday night from campers, tents and traders so make sure you ain`t a target at the next event. I think our club camping sort of helps police this problem mostly as there is usually someone around our patch and we sort of know mostly who is coming and going (until the Stella / cider starts flowing) but be carefull out there Early Bayers ;)
Good to meet up with all our old friends and to be greeted at the gate by George (Gee Vee) is always a bonus and a great start to the proceedings (Get that bus sorted George!!!!) :lol: Now I must have met at least a dozen Early Bayers from the forum that stopped by for a chat and possibly more and some that actually stayed with us became firm friends in the blink of an eye ;) So the line up was Brett with maybe the shiniest bus in the whole universe and a lovely tin top to boot, Mark with a superb Danbury that looked to be about six weeks old, Justin with the only white Westy in the line up :shock: accompanied by a line up of hundreds of assorted children, well maybe not hundreds it just seemed like it because they were doing a tag team event of turning up and disappearing again :? :lol: :? and Simon with the lowest of our busses in the line up with his smashing trailer tent as well, I was going to say little,, but it wasn`t when it was up, Nick with his unusual panel converted then de converted back to panel with his posse and Claires beetle, then there was George :roll: With his loverly loverly little tent 8) I take the piddle but I know he`s on it :mrgreen: Oh and me and my washing machine drum and my bus with paint over everything bar bumpers at the moment :lol: The only thing we didn`t do was sing ging gang gooley around the campfire, but we covered just about everything else :mrgreen: Anyhow,,,, you`ll never guess who picked up a supreme tailgate and one more hens tooth,,,,,,,,,,,, a RHD nearside sliding door that was as close to perfect as `f*"k` it is to swearing :shock: :shock: :shock: And for very very very reasonable money, it had been rebuilt of course. So lots of sunshine,, lots of beer,, lots of friends,, lots of music,, and lots of V dubs :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It don`t get no better :mrgreen: :lol: ;) :mrgreen:

A big thanks to Wig for Arranging it and setting up the lovely sized club pitch, and Ozzie for bringing the fire and enough pizza, sausages and burgers to feed us all, all weekend :!: Fantastic guys 8)

Latest posts