Broken down near cheltenham

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginga

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
ex westy
Anyone in Cheltenham area got a spare fuel pump . We be broken down on a417 and not getting fuel through any help gratefully received

We are still here resigned to catching taxi in morning and hoping gsf have one i think we are closer to cirencester near five mile inn which is closed on a monday. Could ve done with a pint. Going to kip in services car park although not confident gsf will have one

I've just taken the fuel pump off my old engine, do you want to give that a try? Do you have tools?
Is the five mile inn near the services?
I'm about 30 mins away?

Yes always got tools! If you are ok doing it that would be great we are in petrol stn carpark at five mile inn we arent in a rush now as had a couple of drinks whenever is good for you even tomorrow am is fine ferry from poole tomorrow eve so as long as i make that, think pushrod might be genny one and we have alt pump which has pos knackered pump

The pump I have is off an engine with dynamo, I'll also take out the pushrod if that's any good to you I'll come over now as I have work in the morning

GSF in both Cheltenham and Gloucester are showing fuel pump and push rods in stock.
Open from 8:30am.

Wish I could offer to run one up for you but will be stuck in work.
If you run out of options, might be worth giving GSF a call tomorrow as they always have vans out doing deliveries.

Good luck!
Will

If you re happy to do that it d be great it may atleast get me moving so I can get to chelt or swindon my no is 07767406030
Thanks

Thanks willk i hopefully be able to get down there tomorrow early doors

I dont have a spare pump that Id trust ...

Of the two GSF's Id try Cheltenham first for air-cooled .... if you don't get sorted post up and ill do what I can?

Massive thanks to millhouse for bringing a pump out at 11pm way above and beyond. Thanks to everyone else who replied, got to love this forum. Fitted pump at five this am and running ok will stock up at gsf this am and hope we get round france and spain.

If anyone ever needs anything in peak district give me a shout well in a months time anyway

Cheers
Ginga

what a great result for the forum well done that man!
One day I hope I can help someone in need.......might need a special outfit.......

Millhouse said:
I'm glad to hear the pump worked, enjoy the rest of your trip

Top work that man! 8) :mrgreen:

I am utterly gob smacked at the lengths people from this forum/vw owners will go to to help a fellow dubber in trouble :shock:
Never have i seen/heard anything like it anywhere else,i for one was offered some engine parts for free last year from Marriedblonde with a proviso what money i made on selling my old bits went to charity..................... and to think i have the van up for sale for one reason or another,makes me sit back and wonder whether i should sell or keep it knowing a friendly reply to a troubled question is only a click away.

This site is truly unique.

Well done people.

:sick0019:

Awesome stuff guys! Well done to all those involved resulting in a happy ending. I know I would always help out if ever I could, to a fellow bay owner.

Good karma to you millhouse!

Hello from madrid, first bit of wifi since uk, pump worked brilliantly picked up spares from poole gsf although we only have one window winder. Anyone in madrid area

? :lol:

Again many thanks i ll keep updating progress but managed gijon to madrid in one schlep. Off to cordoba tomorrow

Cheers
Ginga

Latest posts