Bumper mounts?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikef

Reaction score
Anyone know what these are? They came with my 71 Bay but i haven't a clue what vehicle they fit? Any ideas? Guess they are bumper mounting plates as they are pretty heavy duty??

Attachments

• 7D467BB7-5660-457B-9466-E119F1B2741C.jpeg
    7D467BB7-5660-457B-9466-E119F1B2741C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
Yeah possibly mountings for a tow bar maybe, didn't think of that. Strange they would come with the bus but don't fit the bus. That said, the guy i bought it off had stripped 3 separate bays at the same time of various year for restoration and mixed up the bits so 😀

I’d agree with the tow bar / hitch idea - the bolt hole spacing look very similar to the ones on our tow bar. Kinda missing the long bit in between though 😂

They look like the side plates for the US towbar, its a tubular bar with a swan neck towball mounted to it, towbar unbolts out of the middle and often come available without the end plates as they double as the bumper brackets. If you want to get rid of them let me know as we occasionally get offered the bars.

Many thanks folks for taking the time to post, i didn't expect such good responses, you've convinced me they are brackets for a decently quality towbar!

They really are heavy duty! Shame i don't have the rest of it as they are excellent quality

Cheers

Latest posts