Bumpers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freds70

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Camper
I would like to get my bumpers powder coated in think? Is there an equivalent powder coating colour similar to VW pastel white

Cant help you there bud, but I’ve been toying with exactly the same idea for myself. I don’t think it would worry me too much if it was a shade or two out.

Ozziedog.,,,,,,,,, Someone will come up with the correct one I’m sure. :)

Still no response 🤔 I find it hard to believe that nobody has ever powder coated the bumpers on their early bay 🤷‍♂️

Unless the roof of your bus is the same white as your bumper I doubt anyone would notice the difference.

Alternatively, body colour your bumpers ;)

Attachments

• drogbus.jpg
    drogbus.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 1
Had my bumpers powder coated several years ago. They just did them in RAL 9010 which is pure white as that is all they had. I’ve since had the wheels done as well. I really like the look.

Out of interest, is there an advantage to powder coating over traditional wet painting? Is it perceived to be less prone to chipping and such?

Out of interest, is there an advantage to powder coating over traditional wet painting? Is it perceived to be less prone to chipping and such?
That does seem to be the general consensus of opinion in that the great finish is brill but it does maintain that finish for much much longer.
Anybody doing their wheels, remember to clean off the coating where the wheel nuts contact it before torquing them up, and that goes for powder coating and paint too. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,nobody likes a runaway wheel now do they :)

Powder coat is tough however if you have bashed bumpers with dents etc then the powder coat method will show the defects when completed. You may not be bothered about a few dents, but if you wanted a smooth look painting may be better as filler can be used and then painted over.

Thanks for the replies 👍🏻 The bumpers on my bus were powered coated over 20 years ago and are still looking reasonable but have collected a few scratches and scrapes over the years and now look a bit shabby again the new paint on the bus. The company who did them before has now disappeared but I have found a new one nearby Triple-7-Refurbs and Dean the owner as gone the extra mile by getting a sample of VW Pastel White paint and is going to try to find the best powder coating RAL number match 😊

Attachments

• IMG_7955.jpeg
    IMG_7955.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts