Camperjam & Camper Calling 2020 Postponed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is with heavy hearts that we are having to postpone the 13th edition of Camper Jam in light of the current COVID-19 situation. It will now be held 2-4 July 2021.

All purchased tickets have been automatically transferred and will be valid for 2021 and so there is no further action required.
Any early bird discounts will still remain and for those who already have child tickets, age checks will be adjusted to take into account the age your children would have been this July instead of next.

If you are able to hold on to your ticket we would ask that you please do, as an independent festival your support and commitment is important to us. Ticket holders will receive an email from our ticketing provider Ticket Shed with instructions on how to request a refund if you can’t make this new date.

As we are rolling things over, Camper Jam 2021 tickets are already on sale. Please note that we will not be having our usual Early Bird discounts in September.

We understand the effect this will have on our traders, suppliers, entertainers and contractors. Our thoughts go out to you all right now and we hope to see you again next year, all confirmed traders are listed on our website and we hope that you can all check them out.

The Camper Jam Crew

We are sad to say that our 5th Camper Calling has been postponed until August 26th - 29th 2021.
As much as we’ve tried we just can’t deliver the festival this summer without severely compromising on your experience and at the same time keeping you and your loved ones 100% safe.

The good news is that over 90% of our bands and entertainment planned for this year - have already confirmed with us that they will be playing in 2021. The Manic Street Preachers, Embrace, Symphonic Ibiza, The Stickmen, Dodgy, The Pigeon Detectives etc. Confirmation of our full 2021 line up, will be announced as soon as we can.

As we are rolling things over, Camper Calling 2021 tickets are already on sale but please note that we will not be having our usual Early Bird discounts in Autumn, we still feel Camper Calling is amazing value for money and if you haven’t already, we strongly recommend booking your place whilst tickets remain.

All existing tickets have been automatically updated and will be valid for 2021, any early booking discounts will still remain and for those who already have child tickets, age checks will be adjusted to take into account the age your children would have been this August instead of next. If you are able to hold on to your ticket we would ask that you please do, as a small team and an independent festival your support and commitment makes a huge difference to us. However if you would prefer a refund for your booking, you'll be soon be receiving an email from Ticket Shed with this option.

We understand the effect this will have on our traders, suppliers, entertainers and contractors. Our thoughts go out to you all right now and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Thank you again for your incredible support and love for our festival. We look forward to seeing you again next summer when we will all be so very ready for that party when the time comes.

Until then, please stay safe.

Shelley and The Camper Calling Crew

From the organisers ...

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been receiving a lot of enquiries since the latest announcement from the government on re-opening. It’s great to see so much excitement and positivity again and so here’s an update.

The government has informed us that large scale events will be able to resume at the earliest from the 21st of June (3 weeks before Camper Jam) after a scientific events research programme has taken place during April and May. The aim is to remove all legal limits on social contact and for things to be as normal as possible.

The programme will be looking into many aspects of events and our team will be following the progress of this closely but will avoid speculation at the moment. We will update you as soon as we can when we have more information.

In the meantime tickets are on sale, traders are booking and entertainment is on our website. Club Camping is almost sold out so if you have members of your club who have not yet booked, please let them know.

We’ll soon be announcing some fun competitions for you to start working on in the meantime and activities to keep the family busy this Easter.

Please rest assured that Camper Jam will only go ahead if it is safe to do so and most importantly in a way that will be fun for all of the family.

We understand that some of you may not, for personal reasons, wish to attend this year and so we are giving you the option of transferring your tickets to 2022. You can do so by completing the form at www.camperjam.com/reschedule before the end of May when orders start being prepared for dispatch.

In the unfortunate event that Camper Jam has to be postponed once again, all ticket holders for this year will be offered to transfer to the future date or have the option of a refund.

We really hope this is not the case but we are prepared for all eventualities.

Things are looking really positive at the moment and we can't wait to see you all again at Weston Park.

The Camper Jam Crew

Exciting news, and hopefully they will be allowed to proceed. I’m not sure how the general population who attend Camper Jam will want to continue to socially distance etc, as the trade area is always packed with people. Even with restrictions lifted by this point, I hope that the organisers consider this and plan in additional space around areas of high foot fall.

Hopefully we will all have had a vaccine by then.
Anyway, is there an 'Early Bay forum' club camping area planned? Not sure I wanna be amongst those late-bay types :lol:

Coda said:
Hopefully we will all have had a vaccine by then.
Anyway, is there an 'Early Bay forum' club camping area planned? Not sure I wanna be amongst those late-bay types :lol:

There is indeed, and it has to be selected when purchasing tickets. The downside is that the move in recent years to put us in a prime location in with the SSVC guys has meant that non-EB folk have cottoned on, and there ends up being a mix of EB’s and random folk who seem to have no association.

I might be wrong, but I’m sure I read somewhere that the organisers were going to crack down on this as it was ruining the club spirit somewhat, but I’m not sure how that could be managed in reality? I can’t say it has dampened our CamperJam experiences over the last 6 years, but I would be annoyed if I missed camping with the EB guys because some ‘outsiders’ had taken over the allocated space.

I assume you will still be able to select ‘Early Bay’ from the club camping options.
There won’t be an Early Bay line up/display however.

Latest posts