Carb upgrade for 1600tp

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danban

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to replace my carb on a standard 1600. I'm thinking of a 1766 at some point so was hoping the carbs would work on both engines?
Any information will help.
Regards Dan

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

danban said:
Hi I'm looking to replace my carb on a standard 1600. I'm thinking of a 1766 at some point so was hoping the carbs would work on both engines?
Any information will help.
Regards Dan

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Weber 36 IDF's or Dell'orto 36 DRLA's

you can still run a stock carb with a 1776 it just has to be jetted a little more i can't remember what size it was. i loved that motor in one of the first buses i owned. 1776 dual port with a jetted out 34pict. ran like a champ set it and forget it. nobody says you have to dual carb everything.

dell 36 are a awesome carb. Got a set running on my 1600tp and ive also got a pair forsale with mainfolds ;)

Hi
Get yourself a set of dellorto 40s,they will work well on your 1600 and if you do go to 1776 they will work with that to.
I have used my twin 40s on my current 1776 and also on a standard 1600 I fitted for a while,didn't change the jetting at all and they ran perfect on both engines.
I built my 1776 to run 36s and had a set of 36s on it for a couple of years but was never happy with them,when I changed to the 40s it made a huge difference.
40s are also easier to get hold of..

Latest posts