cargo floor panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocelot

Reaction score
HI has anyone any experience of fitting new lhd cargo floor panels to a rhd bay? Im unsure whether to reverse them or cut and weld. reversing the pressings may look crap and cutting will involve a few very long welds, which may look crap. any thoughts please?

what do you mean reverse them, turn them upside down? You can't, the middle section is lower than the edges where they join to the sills. I make a section up that goes from the sill edge on the righthand side out to the side panel. you can either seam weld which takes ages or just plug weld the bit to the cargo floor. as long as you cut it neatly it looks ok. :)

thanks both, the panels are lhd "oem" from jk. re reversing them, yes I meant turning them upside down but after studying them for ages I could see that would be a load of work that would look crap, so I cut them to fit and will be using the offcut to extend the other panel with that long seam weld and probably a few blow through's as well.

Alan Schofield do a conversion piece. Not used this myself, just came across it when researching the job.

http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_2519791-Cargo-Floor-Conversion-Piece-Convert-from-LHD-to-RHD-211801403S.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will

Latest posts