Carpet fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about fitting over click lock flooring with carpet? Long story short , it’s decorated and now the floors too cold

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,help :mrgreen:

Slippers 😉😉

Oops. I thought it was that funny I posted twice 😎

From my builder (website)

Hello i have fitted carpets over laminate in the past and have had no problems with it so far, like you say it is just a floating floor and can be grippered underlayed and carpetted like normal.... however in the long run if you ever did decide to rip it all up (carpet underlay laminate and underlay) your doors to the room will have a large gap underneath as it all adds up. If you are not bothered about this then just go ahead and carpet over it it should be fine. Hope this helps thanks

Shouldn't be a problem, might need a bit of spray adhesive to stop the underlay moving, just treat as a floating floor.
If you've left a 10mm gap around the perimeter the gripper can be fixed to the edge of the laminate.

Lift it, drop in some underfloor heating, re- lay it. :)

Thanks guys, some of the various forums I’ve visited are saying exactly the same however there are still a few doom mongers (not me) that insist that the world may very well end if you carpet over laminated flooring. The gap under the door is already quite large due to the over enthusiastic carpet fitter before the laminated floor (young relly) :roll: , maybe not quite big enough to get a very lowered early bay under :lol: but maybe a world class limbo dancer :msn4: They is very flexible donchyaknow :p Best bet is contact the carpet fitter and see if he’s happy :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,could be worse, could be me laying it :mrgreen:

Before I go up to see the carpet chappie up the road,are there any carpet fitters on here that will supply and fit in Bristol BS15?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,always worth an ask :mrgreen:

I also liked all your ideas, but you just aren’t getting it are you. Mrs Ozziedog has decided she wants new carpet and the clickety lockety floor is now history, so it’s happening (safer really) so while she’s up the old people’s home throttling the oldies or whatever it is that she does up there when she’s at a loose end :msn4: Been up to see Dave our carpet chappie and he’s popping down on Monday to sort out new carpets after Cheech and Chong have finished decorating and glossing on Monday. So I’m thinking, perfect opportunity to take up this flooring and maybe, some might end up as the new floating floor in my van, it could really do with something in there too :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, new carpets! Oh Joy ! :mrgreen:

gas1man said:
S H O E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Oh deffo bud, not allowed in ours anyhow, when we has new carpets, I’m not even allowed to breathe in those rooms . :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,, 0h look out ,, she’s home, no blood spatters though :mrgreen:

YET :mrgreen:

Latest posts