Clutch and throttle cables

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea (in fact it was Ozzie's idea) that I should carry a spare set of cables.

Scratched in the engine lid is "Throttle = 348cm and Clutch = 323cm". I've done some searches on here and looked on Schofields website and the nearest lengths to this are 3462mm - throttle and 3245 - clutch.

I've got no idea where the measurements were taken from that were scratched in the lid and if these were even the correct measurements, it has had a new engine (so throttle cable goes to Weber linkage now), would the ones from Schofields have enough adjustment to be suitable?

I suppose I could take the existing ones out and measure them, but that sounds scary (and I'm going down to Cornwall next weekend)!

Conundrum for sure, even the measurements might be correct but the noisy cupboard lid may have come from another van. Throttle cable could be a universal if you wanted to but the clutch has a fair bit of adjustment, and it’s longer than your measurements so at least it’ll get there and worstest case scenario you’ll need some spacers before the adjuster nut :mrgreen:
Are you sure it was my idea ? Sounds way toooo clever for me :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,nothings easy is it. :mrgreen:

I now keep a spare clutch cable. For some reason they only last about 2 years which is about 2000 miles!
Any ideas why? It’s on a 71 LHD.
Regards Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts