converting a new vw brazil front arch to cross over model.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironage

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone could help please? bought a replacement flared arch (VW Brazil) for our 72 cross over i realise i need to alter it as it shouldn't have a step on a 72 cross over, however i have trial fitted it and the gap between arch and door bottom seems excessive as well, so do i just re jig this area to close up the gap? any tips, pointers would be most welcome

thankyou

Graham

done a few of these and yes you do end up with a bigger gap under the door,you cant close it with out a lot of sectioning/rejiging ,if you leave the vertical of the step (original piece)in place then you cut new arch of so it makes it like early arch then just weld at join if you see what i mean.it wont fit door pillar (a post) as its differant and cut off extra plate under seat belt mount so you can get to weld . next to a body cut part its still better than patern bit(p.o.s) :roll:

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it, I think i understand what you mean, anybody got a link/picture to illustrate the process? Many thanks

i noticed on the back of last months bus and campers mag justkampers were advertising reproduction cross over arches

Latest posts