Cornwall ‘22

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similar issue when I got mine a few years ago. I now run stock wheels and tyres on rear and smaller on front. Because mines lowered I had to get adjustable spring plates for the rear so I could get the wheel on/off. Best to get van tyres if you can they have a higher load rating, if not then 4x4 tyres are usually better than standard car tyres otherwise you'll notice when it's windy!

I do have adjustable spring plates so thats a start and a pair of adjustable Gaz coil over shocks that help with stability. So the plan is to try and see if i can get the larger ones on the back . If not may have to look at a freeway gearbox. Only had my gearbox overhauled 4 years ago but dobt do many miles . Cheers

Off down to Wareham tonight and the Mrs is coming too. Just an overnighter and day on the beach tomorrow. She’s not exactly keen on fires and stuff like that, she’s thinking more of dining out and maybe a nice bottle of NewZealand Sauvignon Blanc, there may be trouble ahead :rolleyes:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,^^^ my theme tune :):cool::)

Off Down to Newquay tomorrow, not in bus unfortunately, staying in an AirBnB between Gannal and Fistral. Taking daughter and her friend to Boardmasters
Can recommend 2 great pubs for food. The plumme of feathers and the 2 Clombs both close to Newquay

There's part of your problem, there's almost 1" difference in diameter which will affect your gearing and revs. Stock tyres were 185R14 (185/82/14), the modern equivalent is probably 195/70/15.
If you've got 185/65/15 on the front you speedo will be over reading as well, so 60mph on stock tyres will be about 65mph on the 185/65/15.
Thanks sparkwig, the tyres make a 500 rpm difference awesome. Going to see what I can do about the fronts. A bit close one side following a poor arch change before I got dillon but they are good to go.

Attachments

• 20220811_112229.jpg
    20220811_112229.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Although I have these fitted, I don't think that they do any more at standard speed on the highway/motorway.
However they may assist at lower speeds, the reason I say this is the fan can only move so much air. The fan wont push through
any more air than it can turn and grab. If you know what I mean. ( I think, I stand under correction oh guru's.)

J & P
:D :D :D

Thanks guys , new tyres coming up.
I had noticed the speedo inaccuratecy when using my sat nav . My 1776cc engine on twin 34 icts develops 100bhp at the engine and a whooping 81bhp at the wheels
That's gearbox and transmission losses, still 100% more than stock though. More importantly what's your torque gains?

Latest posts