Cross-members

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Chassis cross-members, not "cross members" lol.

The long heater tube on my bus disintegrated itself, so I decided to replace both front and rear cross-members at the same time.
Ordered both parts from A Schofields. But when I went to replace the front one, I found the length to be too long (66 cm), the distance between the chassis rails on my bus is only 62 cm. I managed to shorten and make it fit. Has anyone else come across this issue.

All of the vendors who sell this item don't specify length, only 68-71 or crossover or late bays. My bus is definitely an EB (small rear lights and moon vents).

There’s changes afoot so they said, apparently almost on a monthly basis back in the day when they were converting different bits on them, possibly to a grand master plan rather than just ad hoc changes. I’m pretty sure the front chassis arrangement changed just after 1970 as there are so many pedal pans for these, I’ve got two that don’t fit and will require “adaptation “ or finessing :shock: I’m guessing it’s easier to create a bigger cross member that can be trimmed than individual items, I reckon there could be as many as three variations. :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I bet someone knew what the master plan was :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Latest posts