CROSSOVER PANELVAN

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUMBODOGGY

Reaction score
Hi Guys :)

I have just bought my first bay window van after having a T25 for a while, I just wondered if I could pick somebodies brains??????

My new van is a Crossover panelvan-ex Swiss Firevan, imported from Switzerland in 2003, It says on the V5, approximate date of first use 31/12/1973????

Can somebody tell me the years that they produced a crossover? Is it worth obtaining its 'birth certificate' to see if could be tax emempt??

the chassis number should tell you the model year (it should start 2X2 for a 72, where X will detail the body type), if it is a 72 model year then it would have been made between August 71 and July 72 - so all tax exempt.

From the chassis number its a 74 MY Year bus which will have been built between August 73 and July 74 so its definitely not a crossover so not tax exempt either, the date you have sounds about right

Hi Graham,

Its Dave Brady here from BMW Birmingham!!!

We sold our T25 and found this bay window which we thought was a good buy!! Its quite odd as it is a low light bus, I think it may have been a special build for the Swiss fire brigade as it also has additional vents in the rear panels??? Looking at that chassis number though it looks like it should have also been a Kombi?????

Cheers Graham :)

Dave

Oh OK, Cheers for that, the van was imported in 2003, not '73.

I'll try and pop some pictures up later :)

Dave

DUMBODOGGY said:
Oh OK, Cheers for that, the van was imported in 2003, not '73.

I'll try and pop some pictures up later :)

Dave

:lol: :lol: OOPS Sorry -looks like that wine I had earlier was stronger than I thought - apologies for not reading properly doh!

Imported in 2003 makes much more sense.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

And here she is!...

007.jpg

011.jpg

Nice looking :)

I wonder if a previous owner changed the front panel so he could run early style bumpers?

That is a fab looking panel! 8)

Certainly it does indeed look like a crossover doesn't it. A good photo of the dash, in particular the heater and fresh air levers, indicator stalk and other controls will help identify it, as changes to these areas (and others too) were made from '72-'73.
I guess it's possible a fastidious owner could have changed all of these too of course, but I would've thought unlikely.

Apart from identification purposes, it would be nice to see shots of the interior anyway! :mrgreen:

Hi Grazy, yes I believe from Ipswich and then moved to Marbella, It will be back here in the UK next week :)) Cant wait!