Csp disc conversion , and ball joint replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
I started stripping down my front brakes today to get ready to fit my disc conversion, firstly, what's the deal with the master cylinder? It says on cool airs site that you need to replace it for a disc type master cylinder, but I've read in here that you can just remove the small ball bearing in the current master cylinder and all is fine, however I've also read that you need to fit a regulator of some sort? Do you need to do this regardless of upgrading the MC or not? Is there one answer for this that will put me straight or is there numerous ways of doing it?

Also, my ball joint boots are split up front, is it worth replacing the ball joint boots or shall I tackle the complete ball joints? Is it worth buying recon trailing arms with them already fitted?

pretty sure they dont come with backing plates,

Yes your right you can use your exsiting MC if you remove the ball bearing valve as thisd is only needed for drum brakes.

No Reg Needed to my knowledge,

Check on the ball joints if dirt has got in and worn them yes replace the joints, but most of the time all you need to do is clean them up add some grease and replace the boots:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/211405375/ball-joint-boot-t2-68-79-upper-lower-t25-80-92-lower/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts