?? Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauramaria35

Reaction score
I've got an early bay that I am rebuilding, it was just an empty shell when I got it, I really want to make it as original as possible but I'm unsure as to what it is, its registered as a motor caravan , its actually a a cut panel van and has what looks to be a danbury pop top, but the lifting mechanism isn't like any others I can find pics of, any one got an ideas from the pics ??????

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/lauramaria34/photo.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/lauramaria34/danburyroof.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roof looks like mine...small vent hole thingy etc.....but large skylight isn't...lifting mech is odd too...

...does it have either the Danbury plate or the two hole from the afor mentioned plate above the engine lid?

Being a panel van originally, I would suspect that your van was not Danbury converted, but aquired a Danbury roof at some stage.
Danbury only converted on Microbus and Kombi bases, until about 1973, when the small numbers they converted from that time onwards were mainly panel van based.
Whilst I've never seen (in all my years of being a Danburyholic :D ) an early bay Danbury on a panel van base, it's always possible of course that thare could be one or two out there.
If you have any pics of the interior, even if there is little or none of it remaining, you never know, there may be one or two clues, and as mjknight71 says, look for evidence of the little Danbury id plate. :D

Doug

Hi

If you are looking for a Danbury Interior to finish the van I may be able to help as I have one sat in my unit at the moment that came out of a van beyond saving.

Also have a complete Danbury Poptop, bunks etc if you or anyone else is interested, also have a Danbury Badge on the rear tailgate.

Can take pictures of it all at the weekend if anyone is interested, drop me a PM

Latest posts