Dani California

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi guys and dolls, It's been along time since I've last been on here, with the job and parenthood. Thought it was about time I had my gearbox sorted out and the rust on the rear quarter panel and battery tray.
The gearbox was popping out of !st gear all the time and needed 3 hands to do a hill starts which was every time I wanted to go out of our lane
So engine and gearbox is out

Andy noticed that the differential was chipped when he took it out that there was a small oil leak coming from the oil cooler area, so another thing to investigate and add to the bill.
the gearbox has gone to Bears and the outcome is quite an extensive rebuild including a new differential. decided to go with an upgrade to an 1800 gearbox, if in the future I change to a bigger engine. 2lt would be to big for a 1600 with the hills in Devon
while the engine is out I'm going to change my dynamo to a alternator to help with the charging.
Also being looking at the clean look engine bays you guys have been posting on here which are giving me ideas.
Watch this space

Latest posts