Decent quality aerial?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinga

Reaction score
Hi all
Does anyone know where I can buy a decent quality 58 degree aerial to mount on my front panel bulge?
Can't seem to find Hirschmann ones in the uk?
I did buy one iff ebay but sent ut back as the bottom part was plastic & it was just rubbish.
I need one with the bottom part metal, like the original. Mthx.

I bought one less than two years ago from c&c. Not hirshmann but nice quality (I think german) repro. Might be worth a look.
I haven't fitted it yet but, the old round dual mount chromed plastic one has just snapped off at its thread so it won't be long.

Is there a decent alternative that doesn’t mount to the front panel?
That’s where ours currently is but it’s continually getting bent and I’m sure will eventually snap!

I installed a Pure Highway DAB 400 which has worked really well, you attach the aerial inside the window top just behind mirror so nothing needed on outside.
Our radio reception was never great but now I can get DAB and also bluetooth phone to it to play MP3 or whatever I want.

It works by setting a tuning frequency for your radio, ours is set to 87.50 FM. Then I tune to that and have DAB, MP3 etc, quite good. If you want to pay a bit more a Pure 600 streams spotify etc if you have it.

And of course internet radio stations i.e if you can play something through your phone you can play it through your bus radio.

I installed a Pure Highway DAB 400 which has worked really well, you attach the aerial inside the window top just behind mirror so nothing needed on outside.
Our radio reception was never great but now I can get DAB and also bluetooth phone to it to play MP3 or whatever I want.

It works by setting a tuning frequency for your radio, ours is set to 87.50 FM. Then I tune to that and have DAB, MP3 etc, quite good. If you want to pay a bit more a Pure 600 streams spotify etc if you have it.

And of course internet radio stations i.e if you can play something through your phone you can play it through your bus radio.
Think I’ll go DAB aerial as the next step 👍

Latest posts