Devon double top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fob

Reaction score
Good morning
I'm trying to sort out the sleeping area. But I'm struggling to find any pictures of how it's set out

Has anybody got any pictures of there roof area please. I have done a search but only found one. Any help much apreciated

Cheers keV

Hi Kev,

i have a PDF of the full devon manual with detail on how to set up the beds in the different orientations. Its at home ill find it for you.

ive found the original link here...

http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/devon/page5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Fob

I notice your van is 'after '72' , I assume your van has or would have had, an original white concertina 'calthorpe' style roof?

Take a look at the pictures at the bottom of this link http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/QandA.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it shows the later lower profile 'moonraker' roof bunk arrangement, the positioning of the bunks are more or less the same.
as the earlier type. However, the actual bunks and fittings and the way they attach differ on this model (see page 17/18 of johnnys link) but you will get the general idea.

well spotted i didnt notice that :oops: some of the boys over on thelatebay.com might be able to help you out with more relevant pictures.

thankyou for the advice
sorry ive not explained myself very well

its rearly the roof area im looking at mine is a full length side elevating roof
it is a converted panel van {i didnt convert it]
im trying to work out how to set up a double bed up there
i know ive got to strenthen the roof
i just thought if anybody had any pics i could work it out

thanks again for trying to help me[

Hi fob

Probably best to try thelatebay.com as johnny suggested. Devon did not fit the full length side elavating moonraker
roof in production until the mid seventies.

Latest posts