Disc brake conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westy
Hi i am new on this forum, so sorry if this topic has been covered before. I have had a Late bay for several years, but i am in the proves of purchasing a 1969 early bay camper van. When time comes I would like to fit disc brakes at the front. Is there a disc conversion kit you can recommend?
I would like to have the best one :D

Regards
Otto, copenhagen.

I think CSP is the only conversion kit that you can keep wide five 14 inch stock wheels on. It’s been done by quite a few people on here. I am thinking of this for the future as well. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The CSP kit is on my list to do, maybe for spring. Been holding off as when i looked a few years ago there weren't any kits that worked easily with 14" steels. The CSP seems to fit the bill now :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering, very helpfull. Can’t wait to get started on the bus. I am going to look at it Wednesday, at the barn it has been storaged in for the last 20 years.

Fitted the CSP kit last month and it's easy to fit and soooo nice to be able to stop now!

I fitted Porsche/Brembo 944 turbo brakes on the front of mine, stops amazingly even doing 70+

Hi like the look of your bus nice find,

I have Wilwood 4 pot calipers 944 discs wide 5 from fellows speed shop
https://www.fellowsspeedshop.com/blog/product/disc-brakes-conversion-kit/
great bit of kit.
cheers

Thank you for info! Looks good.i have an old Lotus Elan + 2 with Wilwood calibers fitted, and they are very firm and effective.

I also have the fellowes kit, they are really good

536f708b8742ec5708df6ef38656287c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running them with John Brown wheels Porsche 356 replicas painted white, they are 15” as that kit doesn’t work with 14”.

ddbbc431d991fb26da2231c4ec61d77c.jpg

Rears Michelin 185/60 R15 XL 88H (should have gone 65 but had some alloys on from previous owner which only just fitted) and fronts Good year 165/65 R15 81 H wheels are all 5.5 width.

Front lowered on transporterhaus adjustable standard width beam and rears just dropped a couple of splines will get some adjustable spring plates for rear at some point.

Latest posts