Distributor type.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Low n slow

Reaction score
Hi I've got a 69 bus with a HO series engine which as far as I make out is either a 66 or 67 1600 single port. The distributor is the short body type vacume advance and when we tried to time it this time, it would not advance and the diaphram inside the advance unit has split. The guy I have it serviced with has put a new vac advance unit on but the only one he could get was from a later 68 - 79 bus. He's had to drill new holes in the dizzy to make it fit. The dizzy is old, probably as old as the engine so do I need a 61 up as here https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/043905205r-distributor-with-vacuum-advance-1200-1600cc.html
or has anyone got any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Yeah I’ve got a genuine German Bosch 034 dizzy still on points. Came out of a running engine.

Hi Karl, for now I've decided to rebuild mine. Between my stash and the guy I get to mot and fiddle with mine between us we must have a big flying scaucer type advance unit. The inside needs looking at too, maybe rewiring with new wire. If all fails and you still have it, I'll let you know, thanks anyway.

Latest posts