Received this email this morning…
FFDACC71-715A-4819-842E-3075F68D6720.jpg
Anyone else had this ??

Journey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Same! But not to my email account I use for earlybay.
It can only use the email in your account here. It is a message sent out to several, and it is a PM. So if you get it in email, it is your alert providing it. And it can only go to emails in your account here.

KateLovesPurple

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Danbury
It can only use the email in your account here. It is a message sent out to several, and it is a PM. So if you get it in email, it is your alert providing it. And it can only go to emails in your account here.
I checked the email address on my account and it is not the one it was sent to. It is possible I may have used it in the past, in which case there is another email address stored somewhere. The correct email address is where I get my normal forum notifications.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Journey Just to clarify, this is nothing to do with the forum then? We should be advising people to ignore/delete it?

Journey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is just a set of messages sent out from the forum to members. from me.
If anyone does not like them, you are free to ignore them. Once a message is sent, it will not send to that person again. A few members may get more than one, but you can just ignore if you wish.

And everyone is still very welcome here, whether you act on a message or ignore it.

Coda

Reaction score
I got a message alert email regarding the donations drive, but it didn't say "Howdy, Hey what have you been up to?". That looks suspicious and I think YellowBay69 is right to question it.

ianpat

Reaction score
I got one today saying about how long I have been here and asking to upgrade but the wording was very similar to another site asking the same thing.

Mechanoid

Reaction score
It is just a set of messages sent out from the forum to members. from me.
If anyone does not like them, you are free to ignore them. Once a message is sent, it will not send to that person again. A few members may get more than one, but you can just ignore if you wish.

And everyone is still very welcome here, whether you act on a message or ignore it.
Well, IMO, this is an unfortunate thing to do. Especially when most of the FB scams using hacked accounts start with a very similar opening line then go onto, "Can you help me out and get me some gift cards etc...! Hoping you will help out a mate that is supposedly contacting you.

It is great that you want to get the membership engaged on the forum but I dont think this is the way to do it.

Graham L

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, IMO, this is an unfortunate thing to do. Especially when most of the FB scams using hacked accounts start with a very similar opening line then go onto, "Can you help me out and get me some gift cards etc...! Hoping you will help out a mate that is supposedly contacting you.

It is great that you want to get the membership engaged on the forum but I dont think this is the way to do it.
I have to agree I don’t think this is the right way to do things

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, does anybody have any good ideas on how to do things ? If anybody has some fab ideas , please feel free to pop them up on here.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,times they are a changing :)

YellowBay69

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
1969 Bay Window
Hi Ozzie Dog - what it is it you want to achieve?
🌈👍

Latest posts