• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dont flame me...poss for sale fully sorted turbo early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevdonlon

Reaction score
I know,I know
I am toying with starting another project so my "Hovis" may be for sale to the right buyer.
He is a 1970 ex Aussie Deluxe bay who has had a few tasty bits done to him
DSCF0310-1.jpg

A brief description is

Mostly OG faded paint (great patina),few minor knocks and scrapes but absolutely NO ROT,he has been fully painted underneath with Finnigans No1,stone chip,primer and paint,he will NOT rot from underneath
DSC00755.jpg

He is lowered on a new 4" narrowed beam,2 notches at the back,new koni's at the rear and KYB's at the front,all the balljoints,drag link,steering arm etc are new,there is also a new damper and an anti roll bar is fitted,he drives great
The interior starting from the front working back
New headlining,new sun visors,new curtain track all round with new curtains,new Newton carpet set,all seals bar the deluxe opening bits are new genuine quality (£100's spent on these) the bus is watertight
There are at present Leather Jaguar XJS seats fitted,these are very low and extremely comfortable for long journeys,the original seats have been retrimmed in brown with a TMI kit and are obviously included
The rear has a later Devon Eurovette interior fitted,this has been completely remade using the original hardware,it includes a 3/4 rock and roll bed that has been powder coated,a small wardrobe,sink,drainer and swing out/removable cooker with gas bottle
the cushions are again new with a 2 tone brown/cream vinyl finish by J&S Upholstery,the side panels are all new with matching cream vinyl
DSC00954-1.jpg

The engine is a new 1776cc turbo motor with approx 800 miles on it now
DSC01883.jpg

It has been built on a first linebored case (considered better than buying a new one when a few dodgy ones were about) using a new counterweight std crank,std rebuilt heads,new barrels and pistons,std cam with scat 1.25 forged rockers,melling pump with scat full flow cover,96 row oil cooler with a fan and a mocal thermostat,there is a new kennedy stage 1 clutch and plate with new release bearing
All the hoses are reinforced and have proper hose clips not jubilee clips
The turbo is a Garrett gt15 and again is new,the pump.regulator and carb are Renault 5,the carb has been rebuilt and has the correct venturi etc for the size of engine
It is intercooled and all the piping is in blue silicone
the gearbox is rebuilt with a 4.57 diff with 0.82 4th for better top speed and cruising,it has new bushes throughout the linkage and is real easy to use
the braking has been upgraded with a billet alloy vented wide five conversion,it uses standard bearings etc and pads/discs from any local parts store
DSC01814.jpg

the wheels are radar replicas with new tyres,they polish up well

all in all i have built this bus with little regard of how much it would cost,i have kept it so that it is as easy to service as a standard bus but a lot better handling and speed wise,i have tried to keep things simple and methodical so that almost anyone would be able to fix it if it were to go wrong
if anyone is seriously interested and would like to chat my mobile is 07810 858407
A build thread is below
I have put loads of planning,time and effort into this,not to mention thousands of pounds so i wont give it away,i am looking for about 11k for it,i know thats a load of cash but it owes me more(there are loads of motors around this price that are not a patch on this imo)

I would consider a deal on a mint very late multivan(is your old one for sale Gadget?),LLE preferred but would consider others if modified + cash :oops: :oops:

You'll get no flaming from me - it's been great following your build and I appreciate your sharing it with us.

What have you got in mind for your next project? Can I suggest a rocket powered bus?

Good luck with your sale. 8)

;)

If you feel the need, then who am I to say! Like J&M says - no flame from me :D

Will be sad to see you part company with the project as it has been very interesting watching your progress and good look with your next proj :)

(I'ts not a spl@tty is it :?: :oops: )

God no its not a splitty,early bays are way cooler imo
i have taken this as far as i wanted to,ive learned loads on the way and its been fun,i'm not too fussed if it doesnt sell to be honest, i just fancy doing something different,i quite fancy a turbo 2.1 multivan to do some eurobashing in,if nobody is interested then i'll continue to use him and get the best from him

Phew - glad to hear :shock:

Can't blame you on the Euro road trip - couldn't you do that in your current ride :?:

kevdonlon said:
I would consider a deal on a mint very late multivan(is your old one for sale Gadget?),LLE preferred but would consider others if modified + cash :oops: :oops:

Dude i dont believe you :roll: :oops: Do you remember me asking u at the time that i wanted to do a deal on Hovis against my 25 and you said .......

Id luv to smoke hovis round. Also I know that the New owner of my old LLe cud be tempted to sell her but he wants 5 figures give me a call Kev

Deano

Kevlondon did it himself, and the disc conversion.
have a look in the gallery cos its impressive stuff!

be a shame to see it go mate, someone is gonna get a bargain there

but hey, onwards upwards etc :D

Latest posts