door seal replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenjoegreen

Reaction score
Can anyone offer some advice? :?: I've bought my new seals from status vw, had a look at taking out the perished ones that are in and noticed that there is a glue residue there. What glue does anyone recommend for this job? There is also a loop on the cab doors seal that encircles a restraining arm, how does that arm release for the positioning of the new seal?

thanks for your comments. ;)

Hi fella i done this a while ago but believe Evo Stick contact adhesive is best in my opinion , , the retaining arm you say about , i think i removed my door card and there is a pin in the end that needs tapping out - i think it was 2 years ago and i have slept since i done it :oops: Hope this helps a bit

Check you got both left and right cab door rubbers. I baught 2 compleat cab door kits in December from Status for fitting when my bus was painted. Got them out of the box to fit them last week and theyve sent me 2 leftside rubbers instead of 1 of each :x . That reminds me, ive gotta ring them monday.

Rich

Latest posts