Dormobile cooker gas…

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowBay69

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1969 Bay Window
Hi all - can anyone show me where there Dormobile gas connection runs from gas bottle to isolation please. Does it run through bulkhead to cupboard?? 🌈👍

My understanding is that it pops though the bulk head and is routed under the van to the cupboard behind the drivers seat. I am yet to see one though. I am a member of the Dormobile FB group so I will ask on there, it's something I need to know too.

Many thanks for investigating.🌈👍

Many thanks for investigating.🌈👍
OK the update from a Dormobile member: According to mine, which I believe is standard, the gas bottles are stored opposite the battery in the engine bay. You can fit two 907 size bottles there, so you can keep a spare - there should be a retaining strap. The line goes through past the spare wheel well. I have a shut off valve between the spare wheel and the rear seat. Then the line goes down behind the rear seat and through the small cubby under the rear seat next to the sliding door. It then runs along the floor to the cupboard, and through the bulkhead to another shut off valve and then the stove.

Additional info from the same person: the line on mine runs through the inside of the van, underneath the flooring along one of the grooves of the base of the van. If I remember correctly, there are little metal tabs along the groove that help to hold the line in place along the floor.

Many thanks for the info. Interesting. How do you feel about storing gas in the engine bay ??
Wanted to keep it stock so appreciate the info. 🌈👍

Get a Blazecut (or something similar) in the engine bay. At least a T series or a C series. How much do you love your van???

Attachments

• T-Series-5-Years-1.jpg
    T-Series-5-Years-1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • vizual_zadanie_04_201-211.183-e1671583989183.png
    vizual_zadanie_04_201-211.183-e1671583989183.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Hi, On mine the gas line went through the passenger seat bulkhead then along the floor by the walkthrough vent, and then into the cupboard behind the driver seat where the gas bottle was stored and there was a drop out hole drilled in floor

OK the update from a Dormobile member: According to mine, which I believe is standard, the gas bottles are stored opposite the battery in the engine bay. You can fit two 907 size bottles there, so you can keep a spare - there should be a retaining strap. The line goes through past the spare wheel well. I have a shut off valve between the spare wheel and the rear seat. Then the line goes down behind the rear seat and through the small cubby under the rear seat next to the sliding door. It then runs along the floor to the cupboard, and through the bulkhead to another shut off valve and then the stove.

Additional info from the same person: the line on mine runs through the inside of the van, underneath the flooring along one of the grooves of the base of the van. If I remember correctly, there are little metal tabs along the groove that help to hold the line in place along the floor.
This is exactly how mine is run. Never actually used the cooker as I wasn’t keen on having a gas bottle in the engine bay.
Maybe time for a rethink!

Thanks for the replies peeps- grateful as always. If anyone can send me pics of pipe routing and bottle in cupboard under sink as think this is the way to go for me 🌈👍

This is exactly how mine is run. Never actually used the cooker as I wasn’t keen on having a gas bottle in the engine bay.
Maybe time for a rethink!
God only knows what they were thinking keeping pressurised gas in an engine bay. If I had that in the bay and there was ever a fire(God forbid) I would be scared to go near it to try and put it out. I guess it's a hazzard but not as much as a hazzard than I think as they would have fitted hundreds in them over the years. I wonder if they go into Dormobile for a resto would they still put them back in the same position. I feel a phone call to Dormobile coming on.

Latest posts