Dormobile Light Wiring - Help Needed.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowBay69

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1969 Bay Window
Hi all - requesting your good help again. Trying to fit interior lights back in my dormobile and not a clue.
The diagram below I’m hoping will help explain..
47EA3DCE-3E3B-49DC-8284-34EA6B11B39F.jpeg
Above the line is Dormobile showing interior light (just behind front seats) junction box (just below dash by driver door-RHD)
Pop top switch and warning light on dash.
Below the line is standard diagram from Haynes etc.

I have a solid red wire off the Dormobile junction box and a purple/ white wire off the Dormobile light and I don’t know where they go. 😨

Can anyone help??

Even had a look at previous posts related to this …. and still not got a clue. 😳

The lights are permanently fed - anyone know from where ??

The roof open switch / warning light is fed from ignition??
Anyone know where would that come from ??
On the wiring diagram there’s a black wire returns from the interior light by sliding door to the interior door switch - is this still the case with Dormobile wiring??

😫 My head hurts!

…. and i’ve still got under dash wiring to do.

🫣

I believe that brown 'junction box' is actually a flasher unit. This is connected to the roof switch and through the warning lamp on the dash. It should only be powered when the ignition is on, and the roof is up.

The better wiring diagrams are on samba.com (in colour!) Have you not got them?

Hi Coda - I have wiring diagrams for bus .. but not Dormobile.
TBH they all make me go a bit gozzy 🤪
Still don’t know what feeds what.
AD6899C8-0220-43A6-98CB-3C28FC87C0CC.jpeg
There’s a solid red wire - does that come from internal light switch on dash or from ignition?
😳
If anyone can help….

Good shout - thanks Coda 🌈👍

Think i’ve figured it out.
Mainly that it has nothing to do with the internal lights !!!
If someone with more electrical knowledge than me can take a look at my diagram and let me know if….
a. It’s correct.
b. Where to attach the solid red wire.
Hoping someone can help please 🙏
2FDEFA4E-14E9-4D74-8CEA-1BEC4532BFB0.jpeg2FDEFA4E-14E9-4D74-8CEA-1BEC4532BFB0.jpeg

Terminal A goes to switched live. This usually means the fusebox section that comes from the ignition or sometimes a connector off the headlight switch (fusebox is better but both are used in the T2 bus).

Thanks Coda - could I ask if you could circle which one below…once again appreciate the help
1657698709937.jpeg

Bottom row, last but one. Same connection as Stop light, Flasher relay and Reversing Lamp. This is a fused switched live so will only power up the roof warning relay when the ignition is on. Switch in the roof will keep it off until the roof is raised.

Your a star ! ⭐
Don’t suppose you live in Worcestershire/ Shropshire/Herefordshire???
New loom about 90% done - but I just can’t get my head around auto electrics.
Beautiful part of the world to come visit with some fantastic pubs and plenty room to park on drive 😎
Just a thought …. but thanks again for your help 🌈👍

Fitting interior light in my Dormobile and don’t know where the purple/white wire goes to???
0EC14F29-773F-4ADB-95D6-00C5289E6A1F.jpeg

Anyone know if it’s the ground wire ??

Fitting interior light in my Dormobile and don’t know where the purple/white wire goes to???
0EC14F29-773F-4ADB-95D6-00C5289E6A1F.jpeg

Anyone know if it’s the ground wire ??
Hi, did you get this sorted. I have the purple and white exposed above the passenger door. They aren't connected but I can figure out where they go.

Hi - yes I did sort it. Thanks. 🌈👍

Let me stop you all there. Do you really want to be wiring extra lights that will be using power when engine is not running? You need to have an aux battery with a splitter relay and run lights and accessories from that.

Let me stop you all there. Do you really want to be wiring extra lights that will be using power when engine is not running? You need to have an aux battery with a splitter relay and run lights and accessories from that.

So???
For us non Dormy types, where did the purple and the white go?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,like a proper murder mystery this one :)
Purple and white is dormobile interior light ground !!!!
😎✅🌈👍

Latest posts