DRLA 40s on a 1600 twin port...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyh

Reaction score
Has anyone experience of successfully setting up twin Dell 40s on an otherwise stock 1600 engine? I acquired a pair when collecting parts prior to getting our bus on the road a few years ago, and the restorer fitted them to the new (recon) engine but couldn't get them to run properly, so fitted a stock single carb instead.
The engine has now loosened up a bit, and the exhaust is in need of replacement, so I'm wondering if it's worth trying again with the Dells, probably in combination with a Vintage Speed exhaust. Or would it make more sense to sell them and try for a pair of 36s instead?

From research i did, the rev range we're likely to drive in would suggest 36s on anything up to and in clouding 1800cc is more appropriate

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

28mm vents with the appropriate jetting and it will run great.

I run 2 x 40s (already in when I got it) with a 1776. Runs very well, I have a 4:1 exhaust, which runs better than the Vintage Speed that was on there when I got it. I plan to install a CSP Viper, which apparently has better flow, but not 100% convinced it will make much difference.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Latest posts