Early Bay 1 Late Bay 0

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
Hope this isn't bad karma but just tickled us on the way to our campsite

https://youtu.be/NuRsEpEJFqc
078fe96290ef39094a5ca5cef967c2d0.jpg

It’s a scientific fact that lates break down more, the added weight of the big lights and RSJ bumpers wear the engines out quicker.....

:msn4:

The breakdown driver gave us a thumbs up, probably whilst thinking 'see you soon'. 🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Probably gave the thumbs up to your new step. My Dad broke down in his T25 on the way to a Dub show. Not only did the other dubs honk as they drove by, but people in cars too. My Mum :oops: My Dad :cry: It’s a National pastime. Like :shock: when they see you overtake a bicycle or a mobility scooter.

graysummers said:
Probably gave the thumbs up to your new step. My Dad broke down in his T25 on the way to a Dub show. Not only did the other dubs honk as they drove by, but people in cars too. My Mum :oops: My Dad :cry: It’s a National pastime. Like :shock: when they see you overtake a bicycle or a mobility scooter.

So nobody in an old VW stopped to see if they could help?
How times have changed....

They probably would have. But the recovery people were there. That’s how the passing traffic knew my Mum and Dad were in trouble. Funny enough, Mum and Dad bought the T25 when they retired. My Dad is old school REME military wise. It was one of their first trips out in the dub. They pootled down the road from Coventry to Stanford Hall, Leicester. So wasn’t a huge ambitious journey. The T25? It was a nightmare of bad fixes. After that, the work began. He changed that Dub wholesale in the end. They had a good 4 years in it. Not to shows after that, but up and down the country. That’s when he spoke about true VeeDub owners great spirit when he met up with strangers at campsites. When I bought mine he told me to be prepared to wave as other owners approached on the roads. I’d belong to a ‘Club’. That, and endless VeeDub stories. When Mum died he couldn’t bring himself to use it like before. Sold it to a family who took it to Italy first trip. And no, it didn’t break down!

Bluesnailman said:
And I was thinking the acceleration was so hard the front wheels had lifted. Must get myself to the opticians
Hahaha that would be one hell of a turbo!

It was like fannys younger but clunkier doppelganger had pulled up up alongside us. Thinking it was a Viking too going by the roof.

Wow. Thoguhts Bays were in it together in the grand scheme of things. Sad how someones missfortune should 'tickle you' [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Jolene said:
Wow. Thoguhts Bays were in it together in the grand scheme of things. Sad how someones missfortune should 'tickle you' [emoji17]

i think its all a bit tongue-in-cheek to be fair. Theres a very friendly rivalry.

I do feel for the guy, and luckily every breakdown in my van ive had ive been able to fix by the roadside with help from friends. I cant say the same for my bug.

Jolene said:

It was very much said with tongue in cheek, thank you. We've been in the exact same situation many times over and always with a wry smile to ourselves at the situation. We wouldn't take offence at someone else having a laugh with us at our 'misfortune' either. We're dragging ancient vans around the country always with the hope that we'll make it to our destination but with the knowledge that the the chances of a breakdown are high. It's all part and parcel of the experience of owning a vintage vehicle. [emoji41]

I think the bench mark of how we all look at each other with our different models is the fact we all put our thumbs up or wave to each other with a smile on our faces when we approach each other on the road. Humour, as Lisa says, is very much part of our way of realisation that we are all in the same boat......well same Dub dilemma. The bus here was on the back of a rescue vehicle. If it was broken down with someone standing next to it, scratching their head and looking forlorn? I’d like to think we’d all stop and enquire. Mind you, the new T4/5 models? You’re at the side of them before you realise it’s a commercial vehicle and not a ‘camper’.🤔

Bluesnailman said:
If we were scoring, then I've lost us a point....

Glad it's not a competition
Oh no! Hope it's something straightforward 🤞🏻

I've certainly lost us about ten points... several cheery waves from late bays whilst awaiting assistance...

Latest posts