• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Earlybay Busfest Weekend tickets - Camping Unit and 2 Adults

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugsy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well with heavy heart, and after seemingly being messed around by the folks building my engine, it looks like we won't be able to make it next weekend. Even if the engine comes back in time I don't want to test/run it in travelling to Malvern.

Cant face turning up in the Focus as it just isn't going to be the same :cry: :cry: so looks like its a day visit only

We have 1 camping unit ticket and 2 Adult weekend passes, kids go free, for the Earlybay camping area.

On here looking for face value (£94) and enough to cover recorded postage (£5?)

If there are no takers by Saturday Evening I'll try my luck on eBay but thought i'd offer them on here first.

Dibs on the post first and a pm second (both) for transparency - first come, first served

Karl

That will be a great test of the engine buddy, come on have some faith 8)

I wish, but not after being messed around like I have.

They had the engine 9 weeks (3 weeks machining) during the build they couldn't get the piston rings to fit. I went to have a look measured the pistons and told them they were putting 1641 rings on a 1776. I wasn't sure what engine was in it but thought they should know, given its there job. Then they told me it need new barrel and pistons as the pistons had warped and the 1776 rings wouldn't fit, the gaps had narrowed due to heat?. They told me to go for a 1641 kit instead, till again I pointed out the block and heads had been machined in order for the 1776 to fit and the 1641 barrels would rattle around.
So in the end paid my money and bought the engine home, put it in only for it to sieze solid after about 3 miles. Been back with them 2 weeks and its still me chasing them for answers.

Would you trust it? :evil:

Nugsy said:
I wish, but not after being messed around like I have.

They had the engine 9 weeks (3 weeks machining) during the build they couldn't get the piston rings to fit. I went to have a look measured the pistons and told them they were putting 1641 rings on a 1776. I wasn't sure what engine was in it but thought they should know, given its there job. Then they told me it need new barrel and pistons as the pistons had warped and the 1776 rings wouldn't fit, the gaps had narrowed due to heat?. They told me to go for a 1641 kit instead, till again I pointed out the block and heads had been machined in order for the 1776 to fit and the 1641 barrels would rattle around.
So in the end paid my money and bought the engine home, put it in only for it to sieze solid after about 3 miles. Been back with them 2 weeks and its still me chasing them for answers.

Would you trust it? :evil:

Ok I get your point. If it makes you feel better my corvair lasted 500miles :roll:

Nugsy said:
yeah these things happen, but it'd be crap sat in a focus having breakfast :D

Having breakfast at busfest is a once a year experience not to be missed ;)

true, very true

I've held out with my fingers crossed for as long as I could hoping to get the bus back in time. We sold our 'party tent' and only have the one we bought from you. The misses is worried about space, not having the bus to stretch out in when needed.

Nugsy said:
true, very true

I've held out with my fingers crossed for as long as I could hoping to get the bus back in time. We sold our 'party tent' and only have the one we bought from you. The misses is worried about space, not having the bus to stretch out in when needed.

I got a gazebo your welcome to use mate. I won't be there till Saturday pm tho as life has got in the way :roll:

thank you for the offer.

I'm still hoping in the back of my mind the engine builders come good. I'm off all next week and happy to put miles on it, but need it back working 1st.

Nugsy said:
thank you for the offer.

I'm still hoping in the back of my mind the engine builders come good. I'm off all next week and happy to put miles on it, but need it back working 1st.

Good luck mate. Hope to see you there

will take my gazeebo too and will be there friday evening ;)

Geordie has first dibs, have replied to the pm and still sitting in my outbox. Once I get a response either way I will let you know.

thanks for the interest.

dude, those "engine guys" are tossers, you're not paying them are you? i would keep an ear and eye for more problems with the engine when/if you ever get it back and don't ever go back there, unless its to take the boys round and get your money back! there are lots of cowboys out there, and you probably could have done it yourself in your spare time by now. even at 1/2hr per day you could have built your engine and a spare one too!

Should have kept the post just about the tickets, my fault, the engine is a whole bigger story :roll:

Tickets are going on eBay at 3pm as need to let the auction run and have time to send.

:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts