Earlybay front badge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGPlant

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction of where to find a decent quality 68-72 VW emblem. Can’t see any stock available on the usual suspects sites? Ta :msn4:

As far as I'm aware they are no longer allowed to reproduce anymore ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Typical. Looking at replacing our front end back to early, from a late front replacement. Any ideas greatfuly received!

Used ones do appear from time to time

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Second hand ones appear every so often but Mr VW seems to have taken a very dim view of anyone re using the VW logo anywhere anytime anyhow, and has done a bit of reinforcing with a modicum of corporate muscle. When some of the shows start spinning their wheels and we’re allowed out to play, I’d imagine face to face over a box of greasy bits, you might find a deal to be had. There’s also a well known auction site where they’ll appear fairly infrequently but the prices are looking a mite scarrreeeey. But I would imagine a brand new badge to a modern motor would be something astronomical as well. Even the plastic ones are looking like a million dollars :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, which one you looking for??? Il keep my eyes peeled :mrgreen:

Florence is a 72 cross dresser so she’ll need an early 10” rather than the current 7”. Missing the shows this year!

Desi Yates on FB often has them. Expect upto £200 for OG chrome, upto £100 for painted ...

How easy are the badges to get off? I seem to remember that when I was a yoof the Beasty Boys made it very fashionable to yank the metal 3" badge off VWs. May be an idea to print/make a badge that can be sacrificed and keep the original one for special occasions.

One would look a bit daft wearing a 10" VW around their neck. But then again we said that about many things and it still happened. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to get accurate dimensions, and then I'll draw one up in Blender.

Low n slow said:
Have a look at the one on my avatar, it's home made (by the previous owner) and it was hand cut out of a stainless sheet.

Looks very good. Could make one from steel to get that authentic rusty look! I'll have to draw round mine to get the dimensions. The '79 bay I had didn't have a front badge (from the factory), making one was always on my list of things to do.

fallingoffalot said:
Low n slow said:
Have a look at the one on my avatar, it's home made (by the previous owner) and it was hand cut out of a stainless sheet.

Looks very good. Could make one from steel to get that authentic rusty look! I'll have to draw round mine to get the dimensions. The '79 bay I had didn't have a front badge (from the factory), making one was always on my list of things to do.

A good quality abrafile or similar would be a good way to cut one out. BTW, Rock an' roll bed looks the biz :)

If I recall mine was a lovely triple chromed item from Karmann Konnection... all posh like :lol:
Admittedly I am going back a bit :shock:

Liam

Latest posts